Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Parse Error, cannot access my magento install anymore

bigprinter

Total Posts:  14

Today, when I tried to access our magento install I received the following message:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /home/****/public_html/shop/index.php on line 1

I cannot even access my admin login. Get the same error.

Has anyone else run across this?

I read in another post that your folders should be 0755 and files should be 0644.
But, we found that if our index.php was 0644, magento would not function. So we set it to 0755 (which I read in another post)

So right now we have .htaccess 0755, pear 0755 and index.php 0755.
Our var folder and media folder are 0757.  Not sure why, we don’t remember changing them.

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Damian Culotta
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  878
Argentina

Did you find a solution for your error?

Magento Community
Magento Community

CloverBlack

Total Posts:  15
Huntington Beach, CA

This is how I fixed this problem… Hope it helps!

http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/groups/227/resetting_file_permissions

Magento Community
Magento Community

bigprinter

Total Posts:  14

Our server got hacked.  They added code to the php files which caused them to not function.

We had to delete our entire magento install and are in the process of reinstalling everything on a new server.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community