Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 2
Flash issues? 

adsjflkj89j

Total Posts:  52

Im still vouching for the backend editable static block with embed code added via CMS… that way you can work in html instead of php…

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

losse

Total Posts:  69

Oh man… did I ever open a can of worms… The satay seems a bit of work… creating a second swf (c.swf) for every swf on your site?

Isn’t there an embed option out there that will make all browsers happy?

Magento Community
Magento Community

losse

Total Posts:  69

What about using the swfobject.js option… with swfobject.embedSWF? I have one SWF plugged into my site like that and works well in IE and Firefox…

Magento Community
Magento Community

Periculi

Total Posts:  249

The Satay method is for large flash movies that you want to stream and IE doesn’t start until it finishes loading.

The AC_RunActiveContent.js method with the corrected <object> tag output from flash is probably the best way to go.

“Isn’t there an option out there that will make all browsers happy?” - Not as long as there are still companies out there that don’t bother to make their browsers standards compliant. (I’m looking at YOU microsoft)

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 2