Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How to Rollback

mbartens@gmail.com

Total Posts:  14

I tried upgrading to 1.3 but our server lacks InnoDB so for now I need to rollback.  How do I do that?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Mat123Slade

Total Posts:  21

I’m stuck with a store no longer working… I updated via magento connect… Is there a way to go back to previous version…

Magento Community
Magento Community

lynnspain

Total Posts:  65
Baleares, Spain

Sorry to tell you that all the info I have read ( for the last 12 hours) trying to sort out the same problem says that if you do not have innoDB on your server then you can not use Magento without problems.

I upgraded to 1.3.0 and got a 500 error. I seem to have fixed it by changing the permissions on the index.php to 744 I did a clean install elsewhere and cheated by blocking out the script that told it to look for DB and that worked.  Now everything seems to work apart from can not log into admin on original site and have over written the DB files so have lost all my data. ( result of doing this when you are tired after so many hours of frustration) Sorry this does not help you I know but there are a lot of threads on the issue and all say the same. even if you roll back the issue will not go away and you will no longer be able to upgrade without MAJOR problems.

You could try a clean install of previous version to fresh database then attach it to your current database afterwards.  Be careful make back ups of database first. I forgot and now have lost my products and so on.......... Agghhhh!

Hope you can make it work.
Good luck

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mat123Slade

I changed file permission on index.php to 744 and all of a sudden, all frontend seams to be back working But extra slow.
The dashboard in admin is displaying but the main menu doesn’t seam to work and urls are very weird… I’m looking into it…

Magento Community
Magento Community

mediagang

Total Posts:  111
Leeds UK

the admin issue is probably the js.index.php file permission.  Try 644.  When using the Magento connect, on some server set-ups, it causes permission errors.  If this is the case you often have to check that a) the new files have been copied to your server and b) the permission’s are correct

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mat123Slade

mediagang - 02 April 2009 12:00 AM

the admin issue is probably the js.index.php file permission.  Try 644.  When using the Magento connect, on some server set-ups, it causes permission errors.  If this is the case you often have to check that a) the new files have been copied to your server and b) the permission’s are correct

You are a Genius Mediagang ! The problem was the permissions on the file :

js/index.php

It was 666 and should have been as you mentionned 644 wink

I’m happy. Cheers all for your help !

There still seam to be a few more issues that I must correct, but overall, everything seams to be back on tracks.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community