I recently built a Magento Community shopping cart. I signed up with Bank of America and First Data Global Gateway E4 merchant services. I then had to download and install the Web Service API payment module to work with my cart. I installed and configured that according to the instructions.
It doesn’t work.
1. There is no secure connection from my cart. There should be, right?
2. It won’t process orders. I get an error message that just says: Error (and nothing else)
3. The people at First Data tell me it’s a problem with the module or Magento.
4. The people at Schogini (who make the module) have no phone number listed and have yet to respond to my many emails.
5. Likewise there is no number listed for Magento.
6. And, by the way, the PayPal option works, so I don’t think it’s a cart problem.
Anyone have any ideas? I’m at my wits end. I’m new to this. I’m not a developer, just a guy trying to get a business off the ground on a shoestring budget.