Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 2
Problem with generation of flat catalog product

mariyar

Total Posts:  11

I try to Rebuild Flat Catalog Category it generates a rather nondescript error message in a red box at the top that says “Flat Catalog Category rebuild error” and that’s it. ....

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

a330

Total Posts:  16

antaldagmia - 16 September 2011 12:18 AM

Hi,

I know this is an old post but i will reply here with the solution just in case:

This table is automatically Generated by magento when you Reindex the “Product Flat Data” Index so Here’s what you have to do:

1) Go into phpmyadmin or access mysql daemon via ssh
2) Change the name of the table catalog_product_flat_1 to something like catalog_product_flat_OLD_1 (just for backup)
3) Reindex Product Flat Data in your Magento Admin Panel
4) Thanks me for the solution

Regards

Thank’s a million, just spent a hole day trying to solv this, before i saw this...... h LOL

Magento Community
Magento Community

Thejosh13

Total Posts:  252

antaldagmia - 16 September 2011 12:18 AM

Hi,

I know this is an old post but i will reply here with the solution just in case:

This table is automatically Generated by magento when you Reindex the “Product Flat Data” Index so Here’s what you have to do:

1) Go into phpmyadmin or access mysql daemon via ssh
2) Change the name of the table catalog_product_flat_1 to something like catalog_product_flat_OLD_1 (just for backup)
3) Reindex Product Flat Data in your Magento Admin Panel
4) Thanks me for the solution

Regards

That appears to have worked for me too… Thanks!

o_0

Magento Community
Magento Community

Chandra Kadam

Total Posts:  9

Yes, Changing the name of the table catalog_product_flat_1 to something like catalog_product_flat_OLD_1 (just for backup) and then
Re-index Product Flat Data in Magento Admin Panel will work.

I faced similar kind of issue. The basic behind the renaming the catalog_product_flat_1 table is that Magento automatically updates this table after renaming and re-indexing. But database backup is highly recommended, just for an safety with backup.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 2