Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

1.3 upgrade SQL error

freshwebs

Total Posts:  153
Leicestershire, UK

Hi,
Tried to update my dev system (XP SP3, XAMPP) from 1.2.1.1 to 1.3.0 via Connect. I got the following error msg from Connect & also when trying to log into admin:

Error in file"C:\Program Files\xampp2\htdocs\magento\app\code\core\Mage\CatalogInventory\sql\cataloginventory_setup\mysql4-upgrade-0.7.4-0.7.5.php" SQLSTATE[42S01]Base table or view already exists1050 Table 'cataloginventory_stock_status' already exists
Trace
:
#0 C:\Program Files\xampp2\htdocs\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Resource\Setup.php(292): Mage::exception('Mage_Core', 'Error in file: ...')
#1 C:\Program Files\xampp2\htdocs\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Resource\Setup.php(179): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_modifyResourceDb('upgrade', '0.7.4', '0.7.5')
#2 C:\Program Files\xampp2\htdocs\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Resource\Setup.php(146): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_upgradeResourceDb('0.7.4', '0.7.5')
#3 C:\Program Files\xampp2\htdocs\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Resource\Setup.php(121): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->applyUpdates()
#4 C:\Program Files\xampp2\htdocs\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Config.php(207): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup::applyAllUpdates()
#5 C:\Program Files\xampp2\htdocs\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\App.php(242): Mage_Core_Model_Config->init(Array)
#6 C:\Program Files\xampp2\htdocs\magento\app\Mage.php(432): Mage_Core_Model_App->init('', 'store', Array)
#7 C:\Program Files\xampp2\htdocs\magento\app\Mage.php(453): Mage::app('', 'store', Array)
#8 C:\Program Files\xampp2\htdocs\magento\index.php(52): Mage::run()
#9 {main}

I’ve tried to do the following pear commands:

pear install mage-core/Mage_All_Latest-stable
but got “package is not valid”
pear upgrade-all
didn’t error but made no difference.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Eddie

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ButterfliesForRelease

Total Posts:  25
Brooker, FL

Did you use ./pear or pear?

you need to use the copy of pear that is in the magento directory, not the generic version on the server.

Magento Community
Magento Community

freshwebs

Leicestershire, UK

Hi David,
used pear - ./pear wouldn’t run on my XP.
Eddie

Magento Community
Magento Community

ButterfliesForRelease

Total Posts:  25
Brooker, FL

oops, I missed the XP part of your post smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

freshwebs

Leicestershire, UK

No worries David,
Thanks for trying to help - I’ll see if I can find a way to use the Mage pear rather than the XAMPP pear.

Oh what fun!

Eddie

Magento Community
Magento Community

moleygunn

Total Posts:  73

Hi Eddie,

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/27026/ fixed this problem for me.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community