Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

1.3 upgrade SQL error

freshwebs

Total Posts:  153
Leicestershire, UK

Hi,
Tried to update my dev system (XP SP3, XAMPP) from 1.2.1.1 to 1.3.0 via Connect. I got the following error msg from Connect & also when trying to log into admin:

Error in file"C:\Program Files\xampp2\htdocs\magento\app\code\core\Mage\CatalogInventory\sql\cataloginventory_setup\mysql4-upgrade-0.7.4-0.7.5.php" SQLSTATE[42S01]Base table or view already exists1050 Table 'cataloginventory_stock_status' already exists
Trace
:
#0 C:\Program Files\xampp2\htdocs\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Resource\Setup.php(292): Mage::exception('Mage_Core', 'Error in file: ...')
#1 C:\Program Files\xampp2\htdocs\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Resource\Setup.php(179): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_modifyResourceDb('upgrade', '0.7.4', '0.7.5')
#2 C:\Program Files\xampp2\htdocs\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Resource\Setup.php(146): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_upgradeResourceDb('0.7.4', '0.7.5')
#3 C:\Program Files\xampp2\htdocs\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Resource\Setup.php(121): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->applyUpdates()
#4 C:\Program Files\xampp2\htdocs\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Config.php(207): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup::applyAllUpdates()
#5 C:\Program Files\xampp2\htdocs\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\App.php(242): Mage_Core_Model_Config->init(Array)
#6 C:\Program Files\xampp2\htdocs\magento\app\Mage.php(432): Mage_Core_Model_App->init('', 'store', Array)
#7 C:\Program Files\xampp2\htdocs\magento\app\Mage.php(453): Mage::app('', 'store', Array)
#8 C:\Program Files\xampp2\htdocs\magento\index.php(52): Mage::run()
#9 {main}

I’ve tried to do the following pear commands:

pear install mage-core/Mage_All_Latest-stable
but got “package is not valid”
pear upgrade-all
didn’t error but made no difference.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Eddie

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

lynnspain

Total Posts:  65
Baleares, Spain

Hi I just did an upgrade and then an complete new install only to discover that teh latest version requires InnoDB which by hosting does not allow. Apparently it was an option before on Magento and now it is required. Maybe this is the source of many peoples problems. I will have to go back to an older version until this can be resolved. I have moved hosting twice to be able to use Magento I will not move again as I am now with Hostgator and am impressed with there support and facilities.

On the clean install I got this:-

o Database server does not support InnoDB storage engine
o Database connection error

Magento Community
Magento Community

freshwebs

Leicestershire, UK

Hi Lynn,
Thanks for this info - can’t remember reading about this change. If this is the case, it should be broadcast loud and clear on the upgrade info page.

I’ll investigate....

Eddie

Magento Community
Magento Community

mbartens@gmail.com

Total Posts:  14

I’m getting this error as well through Magento Connect:
I ran: magento-core/Mage_All_Latest-stable

PDOException Object
(

[message:protected] => SQLSTATE[42S01]Base table or view already exists1050 Table 'cataloginventory_stock_status' already exists

)

Magento Community
Magento Community

piotrekkaminski
Magento Team

Total Posts:  73

lynnspain - 01 April 2009 05:28 AM

Hi I just did an upgrade and then an complete new install only to discover that teh latest version requires InnoDB which by hosting does not allow. Apparently it was an option before on Magento and now it is required. Maybe this is the source of many peoples problems. I will have to go back to an older version until this can be resolved. I have moved hosting twice to be able to use Magento I will not move again as I am now with Hostgator and am impressed with there support and facilities.

On the clean install I got this:-

o Database server does not support InnoDB storage engine
o Database connection error

Hello,

InnoDB was always required for Magento to work there was just no check for it as no reliable method of checking for InnoDB was known.
Please look here: http://www.magentocommerce.com/system-requirements

Lack of InnoDB on Magento DB server causes hard to debug issues, sql errors and functions not working properly.

Magento Community
Magento Community

freshwebs

Leicestershire, UK

Hi Piotrek,
Thanks for this clarification re: InnoDB.

Am I correct in assuming from your reply tho that this error isn’t necessarily related to InnoDB compliance? From memory, I think my XAMPP uses InnoDB?
mbartens - can you confirm if you’re server is using InnoDB?

Thanks,
Eddie

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community