Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

No theme (css) on second website. 

hez

Total Posts:  103

I’ve setup a second website by doing the following

1. created a new root category.
2. setup the website/store/store view (with ovenluvin as the website code and using the new root category)
3. created a new directory /ovenluvin
4. copied the index.php and .htaccess files into that directory
5. changed the path to ../app/Mage.php
6. changed Mage::run() to Mage::run(’ovenluvin’,’website’);
7. in the Web Configuration changed the base url and secure base url to http://www.arborinnbakery.com/ovenluvin
8. I also tried changing the base link to {{unsecure_base_url}}ovenluvin/ and {{secure_base_url}}ovenluvin/

I’m getting the information for the home page which is set in the web configuration, but no styling information.  I’ve tried changing themes but that doesn’t do anything.

If anyone has an idea of what I might be doing wrong I would greatly appreciate it.

Many Thanks,
Hez

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Periculi

Total Posts:  249

Set the skin, js, and media url to where the folders are.

example1.com and example2.com share a magento install at example1.com.

example1.com uses the ‘default’ url.  example2.com uses example2.com as the base url and link url, but example1.com for skin, js, media folders.  You see?  Very easy!

Magento Community
Magento Community

hez

Total Posts:  103

That did the trick!  Thanks so much!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community