Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 2
http 500 error on admin page after upgrade

Mat123Slade

Total Posts:  21

Hello,

I posted on another subject about how could I go back to my previous version of Magento… And I was answered that it was complexe but in a post it was mentionned to do a 744 on index.php + another load of things… Being a dreamer I did a permission 744 to the index.php file and magic my website is back on tracks and working, but it’s slow loading… The admin also works but all my javascript is bloackded and not functionning… I see other people have posted about this issue but there doesn’t seam to be any answers…

my product zoom - admin menu etc are not working. It has something to do with the javascript not working. I am just not sure what I need to change for it to start working again.

I’m looking into it from here… But maybe I will have to come back and go through the steps you have described in this thread. I appreciate everyones time here. I’ll keep posted if I get anywhere, (or if I get stuck).

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

jatendar

Total Posts:  1

Hi All -
I found a rather simple solution to this problem, so YMMV but it worked great for me! If you are having troubles logging into the admin after upgrading to Magento 1.3.0, then this is a very simple check/fix.
Initially the fix that worked and ended my 6 hours of hell last saturday, entailed commenting out 3 lines of code in:
app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Session/Abstract/Varian.php:76:77:78
Today, it dawned on me that the admin section addresses this specifically, of which my values were blank!
1. System > Configuration
2. Session Cookie Management
3. Fill in Cookie Domain with your domain
4. Fill in Cookie Path with just a ‘/’ (no single quotes)
5. Save, Log out, Log in.
6. Smile!
So this is what I found that works, so Varian didn’t mess anything up really, they just got more code working the way it should have!
Cheers,
Jatendar

Magento Community
Magento Community

ajaxfish

Total Posts:  6

Does anyone else get this error when logging in to backend?
Call to undefined method Mage_Core_Model_Locale::setLocaleCode() in /app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Model/Observer.php on line 42

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mat123Slade

I had the following problem after updating from latest stable release of Magento 1.2.2 to 1.3 :

Error 500 on both frontend and admin.

Solutions :

I did a permission 744 to the /index.php file and magic my website is back was back on tracks and working. (root of Magento install)

For some reason all Javascript was dissabled on both admin and frontend… Meaning that my product zoom - admin menu etc are not working. So I could not navigate in the admin or in my flashy menu.

The problem was the permissions on the file :

js/index.php

It was 666 and should have been 644

These problems were solved thanks to different people on these forums.
I really appreciated everyones time here to help out. Thanks everyone for your help.

Magento Community
Magento Community

tiagofm

Total Posts:  39

hey Mat123Slade ,

It works for me, however, it is really slow. Don’t know if the problem is magento or hosting. It seems like is the hosting. Anybody had a similar issue?

Thanks for the fix

Ps. I am also running simple configurable products extension.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mat123Slade

Speed seams to be ok for me…

But now I’m getting things like this during checkout process and these appear randomly… It’s a little worrying for me…

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 84 bytes) in /pathonserver/public_html/lib/Varien/Data/Collection.php on line 490

Magento Community
Magento Community

John

Total Posts:  129
Sheffield, United Kingdom

Version 1.3 upgrade over-writes the .htaccess file.  Recover yours from backup or put the changes you made to it back.

The usual change if you touch nothing else is the pointer to the php you are using

Regards
John

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mat123Slade

Thanks John,
.htaccess seamed to be all correct.

Apparently this is a problem many people were having and I was redirect to a post concerning memory troubles on these magento forums… It was generating a lot of bugs all over the place. From what I have read, Magento requires 128MB to run minimum and myserver was configured with a mximum of 64MB. This seamed to work for the previous version of Magento but not for this new 1.3
So I have changed php.ini (most host will let you interact with this file).

Look for the line :
memory_limit = 1024M ; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (1024MB)

So I put as you can see 1024 instead of 64MB

Within the next seconds all the weird bugs I was getting were corrected
Bugs :
- Product images dissapearing
- Cart not always loading
- Checkout not always loading
- Memory Fatal error messages now and again, here and there with no explanation whatsoever grin

I’m back on tracks 100% it seams. Thanks everyone and I hope this post may help someone experiencing the same troubles.

My host (BlueHost.com) was great help with this and have been a great help so far with their 24h/24h live chat. Being in France and them being in America 24h/24h is really excellent and they actually are doing it 24h24 with competent staff. Thumbs up for Bluehost if you are still looking for serious hosting.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Eyes2Design

Total Posts:  33
Lehi, UT

OK, but does that explain the undefined method Mage_Core_Model_Locale::setLocaleCode() in /app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Model/Observer.php on line 42

because i had it and just changed the

public function bindLocale($observer)

{

if ($locale=$observer->getEvent()->getLocale()) {

if ($choosedLocale Mage::getSingleton('adminhtml/session')->getLocale()) {
                  $locale
->setDefaultLocale($choosedLocale); //old 1.2.1
              //  $locale->setLocaleCode($choosedLocale);  //this being the 1.3 change

}
        }

return $this;

}
i got some admin back

Magento Community
Magento Community

Jay(Nexcess)

Total Posts:  20
Dearborn Michigan

Indeed, I do have access to the admin panel, its crippled but its better than a blank page. Still working on finding a fix.

public function bindLocale($observer)

{

if ($locale=$observer->getEvent()->getLocale()) {

if ($choosedLocale Mage::getSingleton('adminhtml/session')->getLocale()) {
                  $locale
->setDefaultLocale($choosedLocale); //old 1.2.1
              //  $locale->setLocaleCode($choosedLocale);  //this being the 1.3 change

}
        }

return $this;

}

Magento Community
Magento Community

CoVaLiDiTy

Total Posts:  3

I get same thing on client website after upgrade.
For me help:

!!!Do not edit Observer.php after upgrade!!!

In Magento downloader i simply choose to reinstall Mage_Core_Modules
In 1 minute i can get into admin area(with logoff/login to clear session)

Regards

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 2