Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
http 500 error on admin page after upgrade

ibdmanhb

Total Posts:  13

I ran the SSH pear upgrade-all and everything seemed to run fine(no errors). The front end works fine but when I try to log into /admin I get a blank page. I removed var/cache and var/sessions, got the admin login page but it generates http 500 errors when trying. Any suggestions ?

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

pableu

Total Posts:  29

Look at Apaches Error-log, you’ll probably find more information about the error there.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ibdmanhb

Total Posts:  13

The logs do show a core PHP error, any suggestions ?

[Tue Mar 31 11:34:38 2009] [error] [client 66.251.103.58] PHP Fatal error:  Call
to undefined method Mage_Core_Model_Locale::setLocaleCode() in /app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Model/Observer.php on line 42

This is the block of code:

public function bindLocale($observer)

{{

if ($locale=$observer->getEvent()->getLocale()) {{

if ($choosedLocale Mage::getSingleton('adminhtml/session')->getLoc
ale
()) {{
                $locale
->setLocaleCode($choosedLocale);  <---- Line 42           
        }}

return $this

Thanks for helping me dig.....

Magento Community
Magento Community

SHOMiX

Total Posts:  18

hello all
Me like this error!!
please if anybody have solution help us NOW!!!

Please!

Magento Community
Magento Community

ajaxfish

Total Posts:  6

I have the same error.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mat123Slade

Total Posts:  21

Hi,

I’ve just updated to 1.3 from latest stable release by Magento using Magento connect and I’m getting 500 Internal Server Error

My log file contains errors going way back and nothing about the current error.

I did do the updated on a developpement version… But now I’m stuck unable to move forwards with my website HaHaHa… That will teach me to update without checking issues… I will not be doing this again anytime soon…

I’m getting the error message on homepage and admin… Can’t access anything through http ;-(

Good luck everyone with update problems.
Cheers.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lynnspain

Total Posts:  65
Baleares, Spain

500 internal error on front and back end after upgrade to latest version through connect manager. What do I do now my shop is off line..... can’t access anything. You would think I would learn, have not yet been able to upgrade without a major error.  Can someone offer a solution please to all of us with this problem.  We would really appreciate it....

When I made the mage_all_latest all seemed to go well everything updated ok. There were some lines at the bottom saying that various pear options were available but I left those as they were “options” and I did not want to confuse things.

HELP

Magento Community
Magento Community

NickF

Total Posts:  7

I’ve had this problem, and it seems to result (at least in my case) from file permissions being wrongly changed by the installer (presumably). The files /reports/index.php and /reports/config.xml were being set to 666 on our server, which was causing a conflict with the hosts. Changing the permissions to 755 fixed it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

monkeybutler

Total Posts:  17

NickF - could you give a little more insight to where these files are located?

Magento Community
Magento Community

NickF

As far as I can tell, the updater has set a whole load of file permissions to 666. The particular ones that allowed me to get back into the admin area are in the magento root directory, subdirectory /reports.

I’m still getting errors trying to create or edit categories and products, which I suspect is the same problem.

What appears to be happening is that having the permissions set to 666 causes some web hosts to deny access to the files as a security hazard, so certain code doesn’t get executed properly.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mat123Slade

Thanks for your input NickF.
Unfortunatly, this did not solve my problem.

Any idea of other file permissions that may be wrong ?

Thanks again.

Magento Community
Magento Community

NickF

You can also try this.... this forces a reinstall of the update. Needs to be executed in the Magento root directory on the server.

./pear install magento-core/Mage_All_Latest-stable

Magento Community
Magento Community

lynnspain

Total Posts:  65
Baleares, Spain

I tried everything mentioned here so far and nothing works. I still can not enter front or back end. Can anyone help please there is 9 months work here going up the spout. not to mention 12 hours today trying to fix this.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mat123Slade

NickF - 01 April 2009 12:41 PM

You can also try this.... this forces a reinstall of the update. Needs to be executed in the Magento root directory on the server.

./pear install magento-core/Mage_All_Latest-stable

This sounds interesting… Unfortunatly I’m not able to use the magento connect to re-launch the update. Is there a way to input this command without using Magento Connect?

Thanks for your help NickF.

As for your 12 hours trying to solve the problem today, be patient, solutions will come, I’m sure your work isn’t lost ? Did you backup everything ? If so a clean install, and your backup file should put everything back on tracks for you… I want the update 1.3 so I’m not going to try and go backwords....

Magento Community
Magento Community

rainman127

Total Posts:  218

Here’s some info I was able to find that may help:

Note: We do NOT recommend upgrading a production installation of Magento directly. Please backup database and all files before upgrading. Please make sure to check file permission before trying to upgrade through your Magento Connect Manager.

1. find . -type f -exec chmod 644 {} \;

2. find . -type d -exec chmod 755 {} \;

3. chmod o+w var var/.htaccess app/etc

4. chmod 550 pear

5. chmod -R o+w media

magento_filesystem_permissions

Magento Community
Magento Community

NickF

Mat123Slade, the idea is to run the pear command at the command line, not through Connect… it looks to me as though there’s potential for problems with this upgrade when done through Connect, so this does it direct.

If you can’t access the command prompt on your server, you can create a php file something like this and then simply access it through your explorer (though be sure to delete the file straight after you do this).

<?
system( "cd ~/www/www; ./pear install magento-core/Mage_All_Latest-stable;" );
?>

You need to change /www/www to reflect the paths in your server, it needs to execute in the magento root directory. Your web host support should be able to help you.

HTH

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2