Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 4
Option validation failed to add product to cart

Roy Andre

Total Posts:  209

Does anyone else also get this error after the upgrade to 1.3? We’ve checked all the template-changes and done the mentioned updates according to the diff-files but still the same error.

The related products have around 5-10 custom fields each.

Update: As a temporary solution we added new custom fields which stated “No thank you” and “None” but as required so that the customer need to select all custom fields, however there seems to be a bug with the system checking for “Required fields” (it “requires” all fields to include some data even though “Required” isnt selected in the admin).

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

dustins81

Total Posts:  2

I have an issue similar when I have a product with options that are not required so the default option is None and they try and add the product I get a “Fatal error: Call to a member function getSku() on a non-object in /code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Product/Option/Type/Select.php on line 205 “ But if you add the same product with an option selected that changes the price then it works fine. Dont know whats going on but it happened after an upgrade to 1.3 only bug I see so far.

Magento Community
Magento Community

PaulE

Total Posts:  43

Same error here while trying to add a product to the cart:
Option validation failed to add product to cart

Edit:
Product added to cart as soon as I mark the checkbox in my custom options box (which is not required though)..

Magento Community
Magento Community

steph_paris15

Total Posts:  10

Same issue for me :

Fatal error: Call to a member function getSku() on a non-object in /mydirectory/www/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Product/Option/Type/Select.php on line 205

when i add a product with an optionnal custom option not set.

Steph

Magento Community
Magento Community

joshq3i

Total Posts:  16

Same problem here, i went back to the default store layout/ template and it still doesn’t work.  Please help!

Magento Community
Magento Community

rova

Total Posts:  18

new magento install 1.3.0 when i use custom option “not required” i have this issue when in front end i try to add to cart: “Option validation failed to add product to cart”. i must check one custom option to make it work. it seems a new bug

Magento Community
Magento Community

ogweewee

Total Posts:  47

+1 Getting it also.
I don’t get it when I select my option for gift wrapping.  I hate being a guinea pig

Magento Community
Magento Community

oakRunk

Total Posts:  117

Another one here - ugh

Magento Community
Magento Community

cntbill

Total Posts:  107
PA

I am getting the same error but only with downloadable products, simple products with options work fine. 

Figured I would post here, guess my post is to similar to this one for anyone to reply.

Magento Community
Magento Community

cntbill

PA

cntbill - 01 April 2009 08:06 PM

I am getting the same error but only with downloadable products, simple products with options work fine. 

Figured I would post here, guess my post is to similar to this one for anyone to reply.

UPDATE:

Got it working at least somewhat.

What I did was turn off both Flat Catalog and Products (go figure) Then changed the option is Required to Yes. This will allow one to select one of the checkboxes and if they fail to they will get the error message to select the other. Did a test sale and worked fine.

May not be the answer to everyone but might help some.  Couple of thumbnails to show the settings I used.

Image Attachments
Picture 3.pngPicture 4.pngPicture 5.pngPicture 6.png

Magento Community
Magento Community

joshq3i

Flat Catalog and Products are already disabled, still does not work in my case, and I need the option to be optional for extended warranty.  Also removed all custom local code, no change. Cleared /var/cache manually, refreshed cache, disabled cache, no change.

I get the “Option validation failed to add product to cart” error, will not add to cart without requiring an optional option to be selected.

I installed this update to fix a minor issue with the date conversion on price rules, now a major issue is present; I had to remove all extended warranty options to continue business.

Magento Community
Magento Community

cntbill

PA

Did you use that the option is Required?  As what I did in the post above was just to create a no cost option and by doing that the user ends up selecting both the item and one option.

Magento Community
Magento Community

joshq3i

Yes, it does work if it is Required and I add a None option, but this doesn’t allow the user to add with one click unfortunately.

I would like to use Radio Buttons without being Required so i get a None option automatically added on the product page and it is selected by default, but in that scenario I receive the getSku() fatal error that is mentioned in post #1.

Thanks for posting a workaround though.

Magento Community
Magento Community

cntbill

PA

joshq3i - 02 April 2009 08:39 AM

Yes, it does work if it is Required and I add a None option, but this doesn’t allow the user to add with one click unfortunately.

I would like to use Radio Buttons without being Required so i get a None option automatically added on the product page and it is selected by default, but in that scenario I receive the getSku() fatal error that is mentioned in post #1.

Thanks for posting a workaround though.

No problem.... yes ONE click is important, as anymore than that will confuse some people resulting in loss sales.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ogweewee

Total Posts:  47

@cntbill. Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll try that for a while until there is a fix/update.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sigee

Total Posts:  6

I have same problem.
Any solution?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community