Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Installer seems corrupt * resolved *

march hare

Total Posts:  41

* resolved… re downloaded the full zip, wiped everything reuploaded, and it worked fine ... phew wink

hi I have done a full clean install of the latest magento 1.3.0 - it can access the databse no problem and I see tables have been created… but before the install can finish I get this problem…

Error in file"/home/xx/public_html/magento3/app/code/core/Mage/Core/sql/core_setup/mysql4-install-0.8.0.php" SQLSTATE[42S01]Base table or view already exists1050 Table 'm03_core_resource' already exists
Trace
:
#0 /home/xx/public_html/magento3/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(292): Mage::exception('Mage_Core', 'Error in file: ...')
#1 /home/xx/public_html/magento3/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(167): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_modifyResourceDb('install', '', '0.8.12')
#2 /home/xx/public_html/magento3/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(155): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_installResourceDb('0.8.12')
#3 /home/xx/public_html/magento3/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(121): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->applyUpdates()
#4 /home/xx/public_html/magento3/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php(207): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup::applyAllUpdates()
#5 /home/xx/public_html/magento3/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(242): Mage_Core_Model_Config->init(Array)
#6 /home/xx/public_html/magento3/app/Mage.php(432): Mage_Core_Model_App->init('', 'store', Array)
#7 /home/xx/public_html/magento3/app/Mage.php(453): Mage::app('', 'store', Array)
#8 /home/xx/public_html/magento3/index.php(52): Mage::run()
#9 {main}

I have wiped it all including the database, and started again, I unziped the magento full install on the server, and the required directories have the permissions set correctly. I have not had a problem installing previous versions on the same server.

Any sugestions will be be very welcome. I am setting up a new shop, and would prefer not to use an old version as a starting point.

Thanks Ana

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mahlow

Total Posts:  4

I am getting the same problem when attempting to upgrade to the newest version : my message is as follows:
<code>
Error in file: “/shop/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/sql/catalog_setup/mysql4-upgrade-0.7.60-0.7.61.php” - SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1061 Duplicate key name ‘IDX_BASE’
Trace:
#0 /shop/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(292): Mage::exception(’Mage_Core’, ‘Error in file: ...’)
#1 /shop/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(179): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_modifyResourceDb(’upgrade’, ‘0.7.57’, ‘0.7.63’)
#2 /shop/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(146): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_upgradeResourceDb(’0.7.57’, ‘0.7.63’)
#3 /shop/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(121): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->applyUpdates()
#4 /shop/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php(207): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup::applyAllUpdates()
#5 /shop/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(242): Mage_Core_Model_Config->init(Array)
#6 /shop/app/Mage.php(432): Mage_Core_Model_App->init(’’, ‘store’, Array)
#7 /shop/app/Mage.php(453): Mage::app(’’, ‘store’, Array)
#8 /shop/index.php(52): Mage::run()
#9 {main}
</code>

Magento Community
Magento Community

mahlow

I am getting the same problem when attempting to upgrade to the newest version : my message is as follows:
<code>
Error in file: “/shop/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/sql/catalog_setup/mysql4-upgrade-0.7.60-0.7.61.php” - SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1061 Duplicate key name ‘IDX_BASE’
Trace:
#0 /shop/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(292): Mage::exception(’Mage_Core’, ‘Error in file: ...’)
#1 /shop/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(179): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_modifyResourceDb(’upgrade’, ‘0.7.57’, ‘0.7.63’)
#2 /shop/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(146): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_upgradeResourceDb(’0.7.57’, ‘0.7.63’)
#3 /shop/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(121): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->applyUpdates()
#4 /shop/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php(207): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup::applyAllUpdates()
#5 /shop/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(242): Mage_Core_Model_Config->init(Array)
#6 /shop/app/Mage.php(432): Mage_Core_Model_App->init(’’, ‘store’, Array)
#7 /shop/app/Mage.php(453): Mage::app(’’, ‘store’, Array)
#8 /shop/index.php(52): Mage::run()
#9 {main}
</code>

Magento Community
Magento Community

kdes

Total Posts:  5

I also had the same problem during clean install of 1.3.0, but I re-run the install and second time worked fine. Seams to be some issues here, let’s hope this doesn’t have any impact on the appication stability.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mahlow

hope so too - thanx for the support

Magento Community
Magento Community

dhanashri

Total Posts:  24

Hi Mahlow

Did you find a solution to the above problem. If yes can you please let me know I am getting the exact same error after upgrade to 1.3

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community