Magento Forum

Major Issue with Core URL Rewrite

bigtuna

Total Posts:  20
Atlanta, GA USA

To make a long story short:

I have imported, using the profile tool, 16,000 product entities.  I imported 300 products or less at a time, and after each one, I refreshed rewrites in the cache management.  Each time was successful, to the point that I had a catalog with 16,000 products and refreshing the Cache took only a matter of seconds.

After importing 16,000 product entities, I began the process of assigning them to categories, all of which had also already been created.

I assigned 900 products to the first category, and then went to Cache Management and clicked the checkbox to refresh. Now, however, the browser just spins endlessly, with no changes in the table and no end to the process. It’s like it’s completely hung.

I was very careful about the amount of products I imported at a time and refreshing the URLs in cache management because I’d run into this problem before in earlier versions. I was willing to chalk this up to beta issues, but now that I’m in the midst of my third import of all the products, I’m more concerned that this engine cannot handle large inventories.

I’ve logged this issue elsewhere in the forum and as a bug, but have received no response.  I really just want some feedback as to whether this is a real issue or if I’m doing something to corrupt the DB.

I appreciate the nature of this project and the effort that has gone into it thus far, but I really need to know if this is something that can handle enterprise level catalogs or if I should go to another product.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

YoavKutner
Guru

Total Posts:  491

bigtuna - We are in the process of working on Magento to prepare it to its first stable version. Magento was designed to handle your size catalog We will look into the issue you describe. We have also improved the import tool and are working on improving performance of the application.

I would also like to know if you could PM me temporary access to your application so that we can take a peek.

Thank you for you support

yoav

Magento Community
Magento Community

bigtuna

Total Posts:  20
Atlanta, GA USA

Thanks for the info, Yoav. I’ve been using the beta since the 6.13 version and can’t wait for March 31!

You have a PM with access. I’ll post your findings here and hopefully help anyone else out there with this issue.

Thanks again.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community