Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Bundle Products Not Working

Dustin

Total Posts:  160
Columbus, OH

Bundle products are not working properly in version 1.3.0

I did a fresh install of 1.3.0 to make sure it was just not the upgrade messing up, but it is doing it in both instances.

When you try and add a bundle product to the cart it does not add it to the cart it stays on the product page and gives you this message: “Please specify product option(s)”

The bundle options on the product are set as not required, so someone can order just the base model without adding any of the bundle products.

This is a big problem as this renders all bundle products useless in the store.

Anyone have any idea how to fix this now or create a work around for it?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

bclark@dinovite.com

Total Posts:  17

we haven’t made the upgrade yet but we use bundled products pretty extensively.

Keep in mind that we’re still 1.2 but ...

we have a No Thanks Bundle Option.  I would try adding that.  It makes a certain amount of
intuitive sense that if a bundled product is selected that it must be a collection.

This allows us to track how many people choose “no thanks” as a separate item in a fine grained way.

bc

Magento Community
Magento Community

Dustin

Total Posts:  160
Columbus, OH

Thanks for the response.

I will have to add a “No Thanks” product/option so orders can be completed for now. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community