Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

… use description instead of product name in grouped products? 

JesperDK

Total Posts:  87
Denmark

Hey guys,

Here’s another question for you: When showing grouped products, is it possible to show the product description, rather than the product name of the simple product?

For example: http://www.ferveo-import.com/magento/catalog/product/view/s/2-pce-halter-cami-top-and-g-string/id/145/category/44/ - it would be easier if they were labeled:

S/M
M/L

only, instead of the full product name. Of course I could name the simple product S/M only, but in the end I would have hundreds of products with the same name.

Any ideas? smile

Cheers,

- Jesper

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

_

Total Posts:  152

Jesper, try to change group.phtml in template/catalog/product/view/super/group.phtml

You should search for

<td><?=$_item->getName()?></td>

and change it to

<td><?=$_item->getShortDescription()?></td>

Hope this helps. Let me know if that works because i’m writing it from hand without testing.

Magento Community
Magento Community

JesperDK

Total Posts:  87
Denmark

A.Piotrowski (Lento.pl) - 08 September 2007 04:24 AM

Jesper, try to change group.phtml in template/catalog/product/view/super/group.phtml

Hey,

Thank you for the input - the file structure is quite a challenge to navigate on your own !

However, it didn’t work with the change. I tried with <td><?=$_item->getDescription()?></td> also, but it didn’t work either. Do I have to edit somewhere else, and tell it which variables to get from the database? - That might be useful as well, as I am considering adding an attribute called “Variant name” or something, so that I will store the info there, rather than in the description area.

Cheers,

- Jesper

Magento Community
Magento Community

LisaPrzy

Total Posts:  26

Hi, this is exactly what I am looking to do on my website.  Was this ever solved?
Kind regards
Lisa

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community