Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Rebuild Flat Catalog Category - very high memory usage. 

umpa

Total Posts:  7

I’m getting error while trying to Rebuilt Flat Catalog Category:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 536870912 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 41 bytes) in /var/www/m3/lib/Zend/Db/Select.php on line 858.
Our setting for memory_limit in php.ini is 512M
I know - 13000 categories is quite a number but is there a solution to make it work?
Rebuilding Flat Catalog Product seems to be working fine with about 20000 products.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Ben James

Total Posts:  14

I am also having this issue in a store with over 10000 categories and would like to know if there is a way to get it to work.

Magento Community
Magento Community

gunnar

Total Posts:  37

hey,
you have to raise the memory limit in your .htaccess file to the apropriate size, it depends on the size of your catalog.
bye

Magento Community
Magento Community

nathus

Total Posts:  93
Twin Cities, MN

We have 1300 categories on our site, and I had to increase the memory to 1024MB, which seemed a bit ridiculous to me.

We have 11000 products, and can rebuild the flat products with only 128MB of memory.

Magento Community
Magento Community

xer0x

Total Posts:  9

I agree that having to allocate 1024mb of memory to recreate the flat catalog is an insane amount of memory.

I’m hoping someone has found some tips on improving this?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community