Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Homepage disappeared after upgrading to 1.3.0

coochy

Total Posts:  69

Hi everybody,

After upgrading my Magento to 1.3.0, my homepage disappeared & my js/index.php is chmod at 644 & the folders at 755…
I don’t know where is the issue then… Could anyone help me on that matter?

Otherwise, the flat product does not work (the category, yes), because It seems I have an issue with the gift certificates… I get this issue :

exception 'Exception' with message 'Strict Notice: Declaration of Unirgy_GiftCert_Model_Product_Type::isVirtual() should be compatible with that of Mage_Catalog_Model_Product_Type_Abstract::isVirtual() in /home/mysite/www/app/code/community/Unirgy/Giftcert/Model/Product/Type.php on line 126' in /home/mysite/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/functions.php:246 Stack trace#0 /home/mysite/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/functions.php(73): mageCoreErrorHandler(2048, 'Declaration of ...', '/home/mysite/...', 126, Array) #1 /home/mysite/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/functions.php(73): __autoload() #2 [internal function]: __autoload('Unirgy_Giftcert...') #3 /home/mysite/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php(964): class_exists('Unirgy_Giftcert...') #4 /home/mysite/www/app/Mage.php(317): Mage_Core_Model_Config->getModelInstance('ugiftcert/produ...', Array) #5 /home/mysite/www/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Product/Type.php(74): Mage::getModel('ugiftcert/produ...') #6 /home/mysite/www/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Resource/Eav/Mysql4/Product/Flat/Indexer.php(690): Mage_Catalog_Model_Product_Type::factory(Object(Varien_Object)) #7 /home/mysite/www/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Resource/Eav/Mysql4/Product/Flat/Indexer.php(706): Mage_Catalog_Model_Resource_Eav_Mysql4_Product_Flat_Indexer->getProductTypeInstances() #8 /home/mysite/www/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Resource/Eav/Mysql4/Product/Flat/Indexer.php(120): Mage_Catalog_Model_Resource_Eav_Mysql4_Product_Flat_Indexer->updateRelationProducts('1') #9 /home/mysite/www/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Resource/Eav/Mysql4/Product/Flat/Indexer.php(108): Mage_Catalog_Model_Resource_Eav_Mysql4_Product_Flat_Indexer->rebuild('1') #10 /home/mysite/www/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/System/CacheController.php(235): Mage_Catalog_Model_Resource_Eav_Mysql4_Product_Flat_Indexer->rebuild() #11 /home/mysite/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(367): Mage_Adminhtml_System_CacheController->saveAction() #12 /home/mysite/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(247): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch('save') #13 /home/mysite/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(158): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http)) #14 /home/mysite/www/app/Mage.php(457): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch() #15 /home/mysite/www/index.php(52): Mage::run() #16 {main}

Anyone encountered the same issue or would know how to solve it?

Thanks in advance to everybody for your help.

Claude

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

benfrain.com

Total Posts:  142

Have you deleted your var/cache directory? If you haven’t, that would be my first port of call.

You are safe to delete the entire ‘cache’ directory within var folder as Magento will remake it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

coochy

Hi Benfrain,

Yes, I already did it, it was the first thing wth the js folder chmod check, but that didn’t work…

Magento Community
Magento Community

benfrain.com

Mmmm, what do you actually see instead of the homepage? Is there an error message? Also, did you upgrade through SSH or with the Magento Connect? Or a fresh install? I just performed the 1.3.0. upgrade via SSH with no problems. All appears fine so far (still testing) so perhaps it is particular to the upgrade method?

Magento Community
Magento Community

viktorlantos

Total Posts:  20
Budapest, Hungary

i also facing with the blank page issue.

for me the upgrade happened correctly via connect manager to 1.3. connect manager shows that all components was upgraded. admin works fine.everything running smoothly except the public page.

the public page shows up a blank page. any idea?

deleted the cache dir, both htaccess and index.php looks ok. do you have a general advice when the public page shows up blank after a successful upgrade? i’ve checked the index.php bug tracker thing. but no error was thrown.

would appreciate your help as i would like to upgrade my live shop too.

Magento Community
Magento Community

coochy

Hi Benfrain,

I made the upgrade (not a fresh install) through magento connect. There’s only a blank page on the homepage, no error message appears. The admin fully works.
All I can add as for me is that on the homepage, I see my favicon in the firefox tab, but nothing appear anymore on the homepage. As I’m using a purchasing theme, could that be linked with that? There was any modification of the default theme? Perhaps I’ve to look deeper in that way?

Magento Community
Magento Community

20miles

Total Posts:  2

This happened to me before because I added a custom CMS template in the Core Magento modules, give that a check if you are using a custom template, or have edited cms config.xml

Magento Community
Magento Community

benfrain.com

I seem to remember there being a blank issue when upgrades were done through Magento Connect and the correct permissions were not available for every file/folder. I believe Connect can’t write correctly to some files and so they fail.

I would try (for only a brief period) making all your files and folders ‘777’, run the upgrade through Magento Connect again (think there’s an option to re-install?) and then once complete, delete the var/cache and refresh the home page in a browser. If it comes back to life you can then reset each directory/file using FTP/SSH as it should be.

I only ever use SSH now to upgrade - it’s so much quicker and easier than Magento Connect and doesn’t seem to present any issues.

Magento Community
Magento Community

viktorlantos

Total Posts:  20
Budapest, Hungary

oh that was that. the purchased template had a config.xml. replaced the new one to the theme config and the page works now.

thanks for the tip man i love you! wink

Viktor

Magento Community
Magento Community

Paulus
Guru

Total Posts:  335

Same here, all goes 404 now. I checked everything i could think of: CMS pages/blocks/products/cats etc.. All seem to point okay.

Checked viktor’s thing too as we have 4 different themes/shops ;-(

No dice.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Paulus
Guru

Total Posts:  335

My hp issue was caused partially by a module:
magento-community/OrganicInternet_SimpleConfigurableProducts

Not compatible apparantly, no loss either;-)

Still missing our admin dashboard though, all attempts from other threads did not help.

Magento Community
Magento Community

cookeal

Total Posts:  4

Having SSH access doesnt help this much for me - I get the memory issue, and seeing as I have no access to connect now I cant attempt a reinstall. I have raised this with my hosts who have said

I believe PHP doesn’t load parameters from php.ini files when it is loaded through a command prompt. Could you check the Pear command line documentation? It may give you instructions on how to specify a custom php5.ini.

So it seems I am at a dead-end

Am trying finally to overwrite the failed upgrade with the full download… dont hold out much hope tho.

Magento Community
Magento Community

coochy

Well, works for me again as well, except for the rebuilt catalog, as I’ve this issue with the gift certificate…
Anyone has the same issue or would know how to solve it?

Thanks in advance !

Magento Community
Magento Community

eneskaya

Total Posts:  22

It’s vice versa in my case. I can acces to the public area but if i login to the admin area, after pressing “submitt”, there is just a blank page.
I updatede with the Magento Connect Manager. Please help somebody, I’m having so much trouble with Magento :S

thanks in advance… enes

Magento Community
Magento Community

Aussie Hemper

Total Posts:  17

Hi Everyone.

I used magento connect-check for updates and updated the following;

Lib_Js_Mage 1.3.0 (stable)
Lib_Varien 1.3.0 (stable)
Mage_Core_Adminhtml 1.3.0 (stable)
Mage_Core_Modules 1.3.0 (stable)
Lib_ZF 1.7.2.2 (stable)
Lib_ZF_Locale 1.7.2.1 (stable)

I now have no dashboard in admin, i can access all areas through the drop down menus however no dashboard.  My front-end seems to working just fine.  i upgraded from 1.2.1.2.  thankfully i am only on my development machine.

Does anyone know what i can do to fix this up?

cheers
Maree

Magento Community
Magento Community

coochy

Sorry for both of you Aussie Hemper & Enes, I’ve no real idea. It’s nethertheless certainly linked with whether file permissions in app/code/design/admin for your issue Aussie. Did you change any file in the admin core? Do you use any admin template that should be updated?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2