Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How can I default the subcategories in the ‘Manage Categories’ page to be closed? 

sanfranman

Total Posts:  13
San Francisco

I need a lot of sub categories eg: Movie Genres, Games Genres etc for each subcategory, so play station, xbox360 etc all have their own subcategory genres so that they show up in layered navigation.

With all the subcategories defaulting to open it’s becoming a huge list, so would prefer categories to remain closed until I open them. How’s this done?

PS: The reason why I have created subcategories for genres instead of using attributes is because many games or movies will come under several genres, eg: a family, romance, comedy ‘like when harry met sally’. You can’t multiple select in the drop down menu and also enable layered navigation. unless you can think of a better way? (that’s a subsidiary question)

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

assoman

Total Posts:  41
Roma

Yes, someone can answer about? We would to reduce the hight of the layered navigation using the dropdown too on the drontend....

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community