Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 6 of 6
Login error after upgrade

Dagayveggi

Total Posts:  25
South Shields, UK

Hi There!

I have tried all of the suggestions here, and I still seem to have the odd error. Like if I click on System > Configuration > Catalogue I get sent to the Magento 404 Not Found page. It does appear to be a bug with the upgrade as far as I can see on my end.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

dhanashri

Total Posts:  24

Hi

I am getting Invalid method Mage_Adminhtml_Model_Url::useSecretKey(Array error after upgrading. I did what tfotehprintsdotcom suggested and replaced the url.php file but after that I am getting an error Block with name “dashboard” already exists. Don’t know what else to try have tried to install-all using ssh for 2-3 times.

Thanks
Dee

Magento Community
Magento Community

circa1977

Total Posts:  65

Earlier in the day I was getting the errors most have cited here. I couldn’t get into the frontend or the admin because of what seemed like a conflict with an extension. I could get to /downloader, but when I’d get there I’d get the secret key error.

I’d LOVE to follow the steps outlined here. In fact, I’ve done just about all of them. I’ve run pear...setup, pear...upgrade, pear...latest/all/stable. Everything’s been run. I consistently end up with:

Fatal error: Call to a member function getName() on a non-object in /var/www/vhosts/upgrade.rackandgo.com/httpdocs/shop/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php on line 218

http://upgrade.rackandgo.com/shop/downloader/

That started after I was toggling active to false on extensions’ config.xml files in an attempt to alleviate the extension conflict. Something’s broken mid-upgrade.

I didn’t choose to upgrade to 1.3 via the Magento Connect Manager: Something went awry while trying to upgrade a few community extensions. Seriously. I only selected those and used the Commit button for that group. I’m stuck with this and have a site with a lot of effort put into. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks,
Mark

Magento Community
Magento Community

jarnold

Total Posts:  3
Austin, TX

B00MER - 05 April 2009 12:00 PM

jarnold - 05 April 2009 06:01 AM
B00MER - 04 April 2009 11:42 PM
If you haven’t modified any of Magento’s core files, you should be able to just copy everything under /app/code/core/ from the latest zip.

I have not modified any of the core files.  I replaced my /app/code/core with those form the latest zip.  Now something things that didn’t work before are working however now my catalog is showing a blank page.  Certainly there’s more to the latest release than just core updates?  What about a database patch or other files?

Thanks,

Do this, switch back to the default theme and see if everything is in order, if so, you have some theme changes that need to be applied especially if you customized them, which most have…

You’ll want to browse over: http://www.magentocommerce.com/download/diff any template changes you have made may prevent the .diff patch files to properly patch and you’ll need to manually make sure the files listed are proper.  As for database changes, you can also use www.mysqldiff.com and compare a fresh install of 1.3.0 to yours if your worried it hasn’t updated.  But Magento is setup to automagically apply SQL patchs without much intervention.

Hope this helps.

So nothing I have tried so far has been able to get my catalog / dashboard view restored.  Still a blank page.  There have been no admin theme changes.  Tried switching the frontend theme just to be thorough but that didn’t help.  I’m at the point that I feel like I simply need to start over from scratch and rebuild the entire site.  I have not officially gone live with the store, I paid a good deal of money to have it all initially created and we’re about to go live.  My plan right now is:

1. Restore the database backup from before the upgrade
2. Deploy an all new Magento install from the version I was on previous to upgrade
3. Copy our new frontend theme that was built from skin/frontend/default/ourtheme and app/design/frontend/default/outtheme
4. Upgrade to 1.3

I believe this is all the steps necessary but not 100% sure.  My biggest issue right now is I’m not entirely sure what version I was on previous to the upgrade.  I have tried to locate where this information would be stored in the database but have had no luck.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Josh

Magento Community
Magento Community

justin00

Total Posts:  28

rogergerx - 30 March 2009 08:36 PM

No. You do not need to reinstall the whole thing. The problem is when you did the installation, you forgot to add the

--------------------------------------------------
extension key to install:
magento-core/Mage_All_Latest

From David
--------------------------------------------------

I forgot it too. Therefore Some packages were missing.

You have to SSH to your magento server and
do what David mentioned in his post:

./pear install -f magento-core/Mage_All_Latest-stable

That should solve your problem.

many thanks .i run the code

./pear install -f magento-core/Mage_All_Latest-stable
and fixed perfectly.

Magento Community
Magento Community

pfilias

Total Posts:  22

I did the

Ulr.php file replacement, which replaced a file that was ~1.5kB to one that was about ~4kB.

When I logged in, I had a completely white screen. :(

Wow, Aspiration hosting and the Installatron to the rescue. I went into my cPanel and upgraded via Installatron. No more error, no more white screen.

But even though I chose 1.3.0 to upgrade to, it’s at 1.2.1.2 again?!??! Could just be what it’s reporting on the bottom of my admin screen, though.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ins0

Total Posts:  38

This didn’t work for me and I don’t have SSH access to the server.  What else can I try?

B00MER - 01 April 2009 08:19 PM

Disregard the post above as its not relevant. 

Here’s what fixed it for me, for some reason Usesecretkey.php was not created during an upgrade through MagentoConnect, and Url.php was not updated…

Download the full 1.3.0 zip or tarball and copy Usessecretkey.php and overwriting Url.php:

\app\code\core\Mage\Adminhtml\Model\System\Config\Backend\Admin\Usesecretkey.php
\app\code\core\Mage\Adminhtml\Model\Url.php

Usesecreykey.php is in the .diff file, and my original install before upgrade was 1.2.1.2.  Note the revision number, and all +’s in the .diff file.

Index: app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Model/System/Config/Backend/Admin/Usesecretkey.php
===================================================================
--- app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Model/System/Config/Backend/Admin/Usesecretkey.php (revision 0)
+++ app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Model/System/Config/Backend/Admin/Usesecretkey.php (revision 37005)

Hope this helps! wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

ODL

Total Posts:  14

tfotehprintsdotcom - 31 March 2009 03:11 PM

For those with the same problem as mine… (can’t login after upgrade, and don’t have ssh capabilities,) I have found a workaround. It worked for me, but I can’t guarantee it will work for you, so proceed at your own risk. I am not the most tech-saavy guy, I just figured it out by looking at the error.

1.)The first thing to do is download the entire magento 1.3 package. Unzip it, and go into Magento->app->code->core->Mage->Adminhtml->Model->Url.php Grab the Url.php file.

2.)Go to your server, and into your directory where you have magento installed. go to app->code->core->Mage->Adminhtml->Model and replace the Url.php file.

3. Clear the cache in your browser and try logging in again.

4. At this point, if you were able to get in, I suggest that you go to magento connect and properly upgrade. Worked for me. I hope it works for you.

- T. Foteh
http://www.tfotehprints.com
http://www.tfoteh.com

Thank you so much! This fixed it for me! Couldnt reach my admin panel, after upgrading to 1.3! Now everything works.

Greetings Rolf

Magento Community
Magento Community

Romain_C

Total Posts:  74
Hossegor, France

I have noticed several times the same issues. It seems that upgrading magento core through the magento connect is not enough to make everything ok.

I have made a diff between 2 folder structures at app/code/core :

- from a cleaned downloaded 1.3.2.2 archive
- from my instance that had been updated through the magento connect

The number of differences is quite important, so it’s right that magento connect is not parfect, if you don’t want to miss your upgrade be sure to add mamnually missing files from a downloaded archive.

Magento Community
Magento Community

kraizeg

Total Posts:  1

Thank YOU :D It works smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

Paulus
Guru

Total Posts:  335

We keep getting this:

./pear install -f magento-core/Mage_All_Latest-stable
Attempting to discover channel “magento-core"…
unknown channel “magento-core” in “magento-core/Mage_All_Latest-stable”
invalid package name/package file “magento-core/Mage_All_Latest-stable”
Cannot initialize ‘magento-core/Mage_All_Latest-stable’, invalid or missing package file
Package “magento-core/Mage_All_Latest-stable” is not valid
install failed

Magento Community
Magento Community

brand22

Total Posts:  3

I don’t understand this post.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community