Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Login error after upgrade

Yon

Total Posts:  3

tfotehprintsdotcom - 31 March 2009 03:11 PM

For those with the same problem as mine… (can’t login after upgrade, and don’t have ssh capabilities,) I have found a workaround. It worked for me, but I can’t guarantee it will work for you, so proceed at your own risk. I am not the most tech-saavy guy, I just figured it out by looking at the error.

1.)The first thing to do is download the entire magento 1.3 package. Unzip it, and go into Magento->app->code->core->Mage->Adminhtml->Model->Url.php Grab the Url.php file.

2.)Go to your server, and into your directory where you have magento installed. go to app->code->core->Mage->Adminhtml->Model and replace the Url.php file.

3. Clear the cache in your browser and try logging in again.

4. At this point, if you were able to get in, I suggest that you go to magento connect and properly upgrade. Worked for me. I hope it works for you.

- T. Foteh
http://www.tfotehprints.com
http://www.tfoteh.com

working! Thank you!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

tak3o

Total Posts:  4

Worked for me too. Thanks tfotehprintsdotcom

Magento Community
Magento Community

All About Doors and Windows

Total Posts:  51
Kansas City, MO USA

Thanks guys. Should have checked here first, before I upgraded.

Magento Community
Magento Community

B00MER

Total Posts:  130
DFW, TX

ptjedi - 02 April 2009 02:40 AM

Strange, I uploaded that missing file and now when I go to System -> Configuration -> Catalog, it jumps to the home page of the frontend rasberry

Hrmm… that’s odd, did you clear cache in Magento and your browser?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Jevado

Total Posts:  14

The solution worked for me too, thanx!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

jarnold

Austin, TX

B00MER - 01 April 2009 08:19 PM

Disregard the post above as its not relevant. 

Here’s what fixed it for me, for some reason Usesecretkey.php was not created during an upgrade through MagentoConnect, and Url.php was not updated…

Download the full 1.3.0 zip or tarball and copy Usessecretkey.php and overwriting Url.php:

\app\code\core\Mage\Adminhtml\Model\System\Config\Backend\Admin\Usesecretkey.php
\app\code\core\Mage\Adminhtml\Model\Url.php

Usesecreykey.php is in the .diff file, and my original install before upgrade was 1.2.1.2.  Note the revision number, and all +’s in the .diff file.

Index: app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Model/System/Config/Backend/Admin/Usesecretkey.php
===================================================================
--- app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Model/System/Config/Backend/Admin/Usesecretkey.php (revision 0)
+++ app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Model/System/Config/Backend/Admin/Usesecretkey.php (revision 37005)
Hope this helps! wink

Hello,

I had the exact same problem as mentioned.  This solution fixed it for me as well (after trying many other things).  Thank you.

My main concern now is that if these files did not update properly I can’t trust the rest of my installation.  What can I do now to ensure I have a properly upgraded install?  Do I simply select “Re-install” from the Magento connect?  Is that different from running the upgrade via “pear” (because I tried that several times to repair and it never worked)?

Here’s the details of my setup in case someone else has the same issue.  Godaddy shared hosting, ran the upgrade via Magento connect.  Clicked the “Check for Upgrades”, and then selected each of the upgradeable packages and select “Commit Changes”.  Ran for a bit, everything looked good - then it just sat there for a very long time.  It wasn’t clear that it was still running or if it was perhaps finished.  Found another forum post that recommending clicking over to “Settings”, accepting the warning that pear was running, and trying it again.  I did this and it looked like a couple components had installed.  Ran again for the remaining components that hadn’t upgraded.  Everything looked ok, main site came up but the admin panel failed.  No ssh, was able to run the pear commands recommended via the Cron tools.  After some tweaking was able to get it to return successful output but did not fix my issue.  One of the tweaks I needed was to point it at my PHP install.  With no shell access I wasn’t able to come up with this right away.  Found php function called “phpinfo()” that shows all the details of your PHP install including the path.  Also found out you can access the Magento Connection section of the admin panel directly via http://yourdomain.com/downloader.  Was hoping I could use that to fix this issue but ultimately I got the same error on that as I did on the admin page login.

Anyway, again thanks for your help - glad to have my admin panel back smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

B00MER

DFW, TX

If you haven’t modified any of Magento’s core files, you should be able to just copy everything under /app/code/core/ from the latest zip.

Magento Community
Magento Community

erenaud

Total Posts:  221
Minden, Germany

[...]
1.)The first thing to do is download the entire magento 1.3 package. Unzip it, and go into Magento->app->code->core->Mage->Adminhtml->Model->Url.php Grab the Url.php file.

2.)Go to your server, and into your directory where you have magento installed. go to app->code->core->Mage->Adminhtml->Model and replace the Url.php file.

[...]

- T. Foteh

also worked for me. thanks a lot !!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

jarnold

Austin, TX

B00MER - 04 April 2009 11:42 PM

If you haven’t modified any of Magento’s core files, you should be able to just copy everything under /app/code/core/ from the latest zip.

I have not modified any of the core files.  I replaced my /app/code/core with those form the latest zip.  Now something things that didn’t work before are working however now my catalog is showing a blank page.  Certainly there’s more to the latest release than just core updates?  What about a database patch or other files?

Thanks,

Magento Community
Magento Community

B00MER

DFW, TX

jarnold - 05 April 2009 06:01 AM

B00MER - 04 April 2009 11:42 PM

I have not modified any of the core files.  I replaced my /app/code/core with those form the latest zip.  Now something things that didn’t work before are working however now my catalog is showing a blank page.  Certainly there’s more to the latest release than just core updates?  What about a database patch or other files?

Thanks,

Do this, switch back to the default theme and see if everything is in order, if so, you have some theme changes that need to be applied especially if you customized them, which most have…

You’ll want to browse over: http://www.magentocommerce.com/download/diff any template changes you have made may prevent the .diff patch files to properly patch and you’ll need to manually make sure the files listed are proper.  As for database changes, you can also use www.mysqldiff.com and compare a fresh install of 1.3.0 to yours if your worried it hasn’t updated.  But Magento is setup to automagically apply SQL patchs without much intervention.

Hope this helps.

Magento Community
Magento Community

kuanos

Total Posts:  7

tfotehprintsdotcom - 31 March 2009 03:11 PM

For those with the same problem as mine… (can’t login after upgrade, and don’t have ssh capabilities,) I have found a workaround. It worked for me, but I can’t guarantee it will work for you, so proceed at your own risk. I am not the most tech-saavy guy, I just figured it out by looking at the error.

3. Clear the cache in your browser and try logging in again.

4. At this point, if you were able to get in, I suggest that you go to magento connect and properly upgrade. Worked for me. I hope it works for you.

- T. Foteh

thank you so much!!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Bowen

Total Posts:  37

Foteh, that worked, thank you!!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

tfotehprintsdotcom

Total Posts:  5

No problem, friends! glad I could help.

- T. Foteh

Magento Community
Magento Community

leecollings

Total Posts:  16

I had exactly the same error yesterday and it was driving me crazy!!
Re-uploading 3.0 did solve the issue, and I can now log back into the Admin panel.

HOWEVER.....

From the customer frontend, clicking on menu items or anything else, brings up an error, despite the actual page is completely blank, and ‘Done’ is displayed in the browser status bar.

I can’t see anything, and I have absolutely no idea what’s going on!

If it helps anyone, the URL i am seeing in the address bar is http://67.20.64.154/report/?id=897167078433&s;=default
Nothing else.

I’ve tried to rebuild the Core (as i think i was told), and successfully re-uploaded version 3.0 without a glitch.

I just can’t understand what’s going on. Any help please would be fantastic!

Magento Community
Magento Community

leecollings

Total Posts:  16

Okay. lol here’s the run down!

Managed to get back into the Admin back-end after re-uploading 3.0

I try to SSH and enter the command David left, but all I get is either a ‘No such file or directory’ or a ‘Permissions denied’.

I tried to go into Magento Connect and reinstall all of the packages, and everything seemed fine, except for right at the end, where it throws this out at me…

install ok: channel://connect.magentocommerce.com/core/Mage_All_Latest-1.3.0

Fatal error: Exception thrown without a stack frame in Unknown on line 0

Now, it may be just me, but that’s not really helping in stating what the error is haha.
And that was trying to reinstall the package.... So I’m thinking, could I uninstall it and install it again? I don’t want to risk losing it completely.

Any ideas guys? Is this seeming to be a huge bug in 3.0?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community