Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Login error after upgrade

darkedge3

Total Posts:  24

WOW .......... I have NOOO idea how you managed to figure that out ... *takes hat off*

Thank you so much - I’ve been working at this for hours now and getting nowhere!

I’ve not re-done the upgrade yet, but at least i’ve got into the admin panel !

I’m going to do a thorough backup before attempting to redo the upgrade,

thanks again.

smile

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

tfotehprintsdotcom

Total Posts:  5

darkedge3 - 31 March 2009 03:24 PM

WOW .......... I have NOOO idea how you managed to figure that out ... *takes hat off*

Thank you so much - I’ve been working at this for hours now and getting nowhere!

I’ve not re-done the upgrade yet, but at least i’ve got into the admin panel !

I’m going to do a thorough backup before attempting to redo the upgrade,

thanks again.

smile

Anytime! Glad you got in. I am redoing my upgrade now. I tried in Safari… no go, but firefox is working fine.

T. Foteh
http://www.tfotehprints.com
http://www.tfoteh.com

Magento Community
Magento Community

darkedge3

I wonder, did you get the problem accessing magento connect? mine is redirecting me back to the homepage .... quite weird, i remember it doing this just before I hit the problem accessing the admin earlier today

Magento Community
Magento Community

tfotehprintsdotcom

darkedge3 - 31 March 2009 03:37 PM

I wonder, did you get the problem accessing magento connect? mine is redirecting me back to the homepage .... quite weird, i remember it doing this just before I hit the problem accessing the admin earlier today

Yes, that happened to me. But I hit the back button and I was in. Weird indeed. You can always just go to “yourdomain.com/downloader”

- T. Foteh

Magento Community
Magento Community

darkedge3

Yea I tried that, no joy, still gives me the homepage (whilst still showing /downloader in the address bar ... ) ....

Magento Community
Magento Community

tfotehprintsdotcom

Check your root directory and make sure everything is in the downloader folder.

Magento Community
Magento Community

graith

Total Posts:  4

I have the problem of not being able to login after the upgrade to 1.3 on my Windows development machine (WAMP, no SSL). The same thing WORKED on my Linux Test server. I then tried a FRESH INSTALL of 1.3 (no database or any old files) and it behaved exactly the same way.

I suspect that Varien/Magneto have tried to fix the very important security bug associated with people being able to hack the admin:
http://artisansystem.com/blog/entry/33

I think there must be some PHP module or Apache Extension being used for the fix that isn’t present on my Windows PC that IS present on my Linux Dev machine but Varien have failed to check for it during the installation.

Brian

Magento Community
Magento Community

Paaaaa

Total Posts:  50

Thank You tfotehprintsdotcom.

Magento Community
Magento Community

thingone

Illinois

I was able to resolve my earlier problem of whitespace between the header and footer of the Administration Panel by reinstalling the following packages:

Interface_Adminhtml_Default
Mage_Core_Adminhtml

Everything is now working properly for me.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ptjedi

Total Posts:  250
Porto, Portugal

One question: how to access those modules in particular? I don’t see them in the upgrade listing of Magento Connect.

Magento Community
Magento Community

B00MER

Total Posts:  130
DFW, TX

/app/code/core/Mage/Admin/Model/Session.php:

die(Mage::getSingleton(’adminhtml/url’));

return this for me, not sure if this is correct or not, will look into it further as I have a clean install of magento and its doing this.

0,admin,0,0,Admin,0,1

Magento Community
Magento Community

B00MER

Total Posts:  130
DFW, TX

Disregard the post above as its not relevant. 

Here’s what fixed it for me, for some reason Usesecretkey.php was not created during an upgrade through MagentoConnect, and Url.php was not updated…

Download the full 1.3.0 zip or tarball and copy Usessecretkey.php and overwriting Url.php:

\app\code\core\Mage\Adminhtml\Model\System\Config\Backend\Admin\Usesecretkey.php
\app\code\core\Mage\Adminhtml\Model\Url.php

Usesecreykey.php is in the .diff file, and my original install before upgrade was 1.2.1.2.  Note the revision number, and all +’s in the .diff file.

Index: app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Model/System/Config/Backend/Admin/Usesecretkey.php
===================================================================
--- app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Model/System/Config/Backend/Admin/Usesecretkey.php (revision 0)
+++ app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Model/System/Config/Backend/Admin/Usesecretkey.php (revision 37005)

Hope this helps! wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

jwulff

Total Posts:  22

B00MER - 01 April 2009 08:19 PM

Here’s what fixed it for me, for some reason Usesecretkey.php was not created during an upgrade through MagentoConnect, and Url.php was not updated…

Download the full 1.3.0 zip or tarball and copy Usessecretkey.php and overwriting Url.php:

\app\code\core\Mage\Adminhtml\Model\System\Config\Backend\Admin\Usesecretkey.php
\app\code\core\Mage\Adminhtml\Model\Url.php

Usesecreykey.php is in the .diff file, and my original install before upgrade was 1.2.1.2.  Note the revision number, and all +’s in the .diff file.

Index: app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Model/System/Config/Backend/Admin/Usesecretkey.php
--- app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Model/System/Config/Backend/Admin/Usesecretkey.php (revision 0)
+++ app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Model/System/Config/Backend/Admin/Usesecretkey.php (revision 37005)

Hope this helps! wink

Works perfect - thanks! wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

ptjedi

Total Posts:  250
Porto, Portugal

B00MER - 01 April 2009 08:19 PM

Hope this helps! wink

Strange, I uploaded that missing file and now when I go to System -> Configuration -> Catalog, it jumps to the home page of the frontend rasberry

Magento Community
Magento Community

Yon

Total Posts:  3

tfotehprintsdotcom - 31 March 2009 03:11 PM

For those with the same problem as mine… (can’t login after upgrade, and don’t have ssh capabilities,) I have found a workaround. It worked for me, but I can’t guarantee it will work for you, so proceed at your own risk. I am not the most tech-saavy guy, I just figured it out by looking at the error.

1.)The first thing to do is download the entire magento 1.3 package. Unzip it, and go into Magento->app->code->core->Mage->Adminhtml->Model->Url.php Grab the Url.php file.

2.)Go to your server, and into your directory where you have magento installed. go to app->code->core->Mage->Adminhtml->Model and replace the Url.php file.

3. Clear the cache in your browser and try logging in again.

4. At this point, if you were able to get in, I suggest that you go to magento connect and properly upgrade. Worked for me. I hope it works for you.

- T. Foteh

Got working again! Thank you!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community