Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Ask For Advice Module

nfabre

Total Posts:  12
Limoges (France)

The included module “Ask For Advice” was made to offer the possibility to front-end users to send an email to a configurable address (in back-end) to ask information about a product.
So, it hads a tab in the system menu to manage the receiver email, choose the email content template… It also adds a command to put in the product view template to display a link for front-end users.

I have used the “send to a friend” module as base.

Could you tell me what you think about it.
So, i would like to know if my first one has been developed in a correct way.

<!--Add this lines in /<design>/<package>/template/catalog/product/view.phtml -->

<?if ($this->helper('askforadvice')->isAllow()) :?>

<a href="<?=$this->getAddToAskForAdviceUrl($_product)?>"><?=$this->__('Ask for advice')?></a><br/>
<?endif;?>
File Attachments
askforadvice.zip  (File Size: 68KB - Downloads: 134)

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Hadifarnoud

Total Posts:  210
Guildford, Surrey, UK

that’s geat , i did it in zigorat.com by customizing templates and adding a contact form with a readonly field that have a product name.
but i think it’s better to have a support module ( Or Live support),this could be a part of support module

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community