Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do I turn on the product rating system? 

Sintax

Total Posts:  58
Hungary

In the admin area I cannot see how I can turn on the product ratings. In the demo site when writing a review the customer can rate the product on a scale of 1 to 5 however in the downloaded and installed version 0.8.16100 I cannot see this option. In the knowledgebase there is a reference to this however the menu is NOT present in the Catalog/Reviews and Ratings/Manage Ratings

::Sintax

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Bill007

Total Posts:  179
New Zealand

Go Backend http://www.yourdomain.com/index.php/admin

Go to Catalog >>Reviews and Ratings>>Manage ratings ---- [click on each Rating name to edit it and turn it on} eg Price Quality Value

Now you must confirm the store you want the rating to show in so English is mine so I must click on it select it will turn blue then go to Save rating do this for all the Values

Now go make a comment about one of your products and the rating module should appear after you have rated your self you will have to go Back and

Go to Catalog >>Reviews and Ratings>>Customer Reviews>>Pending Reviews ---- the rest should be obvious there is no code or anything like that to change

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sintax

Total Posts:  58
Hungary

Thanks for the help, it works now

::Sintax

Magento Community
Magento Community

coooool

Total Posts:  13

great!! it works in 1.2.1.2

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sweet Tooth

Total Posts:  121
Canada

I just got bit by this.  You need to apply the rating set to a store. Go to Go to Catalog >>Reviews and Ratings>>Manage ratings, select a rating set, set it to a store then save.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Purece Nicolae Daniel

Total Posts:  6

Thank you. Great job! :*

Magento Community
Magento Community

Modulesoft

Total Posts:  40
India