Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Add new table to magento structure

duckzringz

Total Posts:  14

I’ve been posting and searching on magento’s forum and been desperate for some times, haven’t got any solution yet…
These are my problems:
1. I want to implement “serial numbers” for each item. I have tried attributes, but as i know attribute is just one, instead i want multiple serial numbers for 1 item/product. So far what i’m thinking is create another table storing the serial numbers. Is there anything easier?
2. If create new table is the solution, how can i link it to magento table? maybe to catalog_product_entity table? perhaps to sku field? what files should i modify? and how can i get the records from database (using mage or something) because i want to use my custom page to input the serial number.

maybe that’s all my major problems, please help me sir, i’ve been looking for the solution for about a month now, and haven’t got any good solution.

Please any1 can help me?

Thanks in advance

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

pvanhove

Total Posts:  3

anyone experience with this serialnumber module ?  http://classyllama.com/portfolio/#look-up

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community