Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Enhanced Reporting Extension: Develop This and We’ll License It

balero

Total Posts:  170
埼玉県所沢市

The reports in Magento are so limited that this seems like a really ripe opportunity for third party developers. Something that gives some control and customization over reporting would sell like hotcakes, I’d think.

And it seems like it would be easy to do for someone with SQL chops. Heck, I’d just use PHPMyAdmin for reporting, except when I looked there were so many tables and fields I didn’t want to try to figure out what was what.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

skippybosco
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  796

Can you provide some examples of what you might want to see in a custom report and how you would interact with it?

Magento Community
Magento Community

balero

埼玉県所沢市

Well, for instance:

A report of sales where you would get individual sales on each line rather than daily/monthly/annual aggregates. You would set the time period, and there would be presets (like today, yesterday, last 7 days, this week since Monday, this month, last month). The columns might be customizable, but would default to something similar to the current Sales Report.

A report of products sold that would show individual products and the numbers sold during a time period that you would choose (presets as above). This could include the current inventory as a column (as in the current Low Stock report). This would be better than the Bestsellers report and could replace that as well as the Low Stock report.

I don’t know if this data is even saved anywhere, but an abandoned carts report that included guests and which dealt witht the PayPal Pending abandon cart category. It would be nice to have a report showing a graphical trendline of this and the coversion rate, the average order dollar amount and the amount of cross-sells added in the cart and anything else that might be relevant to help track efforts to increase conversion, decrease cart abandonment, diagnose payment system problems and increase average order size.

All these could use the standard Magento filtering bar.

Magento Community
Magento Community

balero

埼玉県所沢市

It would also be nice to get stats like the average order size.

The System > Export > Profiles function only seems to deal with variations of the customer table and the product table. You cannot apparently export order data.

Magento Community
Magento Community

skippybosco
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  796

With the exception of the tie to your inventory, it seems like the Google Analytics e-commerce reporting would provide most of this functionality today?

Magento Community
Magento Community

balero

埼玉県所沢市

Thanks. I’ll look into that. At this point we’re just using GetClicky.com for analytics, because it’s more real time. And to be honest, we operate several sites, which I don’t want Google to know are under common ownership, so I’m careful about what I register with Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools, etc. It gets to be tiresome to create several different Google logins and log in and out all day long.

I’m also going to talk with our developer to see if he’s up to taking a stab at an extension.

Magento Community
Magento Community

balero

埼玉県所沢市

Our developer is going to take a stab at this starting next week, and if it’s not too much extra effort to clean up what we come up with we may release it to the wild. Any further ideas or suggestions are welcome.

Magento Community
Magento Community

fetopher

Total Posts:  2

I’d love to hear if there is any progress on this.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Dimace

Total Posts:  28

You might be interested in our Magento Advanced Sales Statistics & Profit Reporting application. We had our developers create this app after so many of our clients who use Magento requested it.

They seem to be very happy with it. May be of some use to you wink

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community