Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Database installation problem

GizzmoAsus

Total Posts:  17
Blackburn, UK

Hi all,
i have recently tried to install magento on to both my local dev server and an externally hosted server. My problem is that it refuses to get past the database side of the installation. I can agree to the terms, set up the locals, download and install any updates and enter the details for the db but thats as far as it gets. The errors can be seen here but the main error at the bottom is

exception 'Mage_Core_Exception' with message 'Error in file: "/home/kelcode/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Customer/sql/customer_setup/mysql4-install-0.7.0.php" - Wrong entity ID' in /home/kelcode/public_html/app/Mage.php:338

Any assistance with a solution would be much appreciated.

Cheers in advance,
Matt.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

GizzmoAsus

Blackburn, UK

No mate, the database is empty, its a clean install.

I can get rid of the error message and start again by removing the app directory and reuploading it but when I go through the install process again and still get the same error coming up.

Could it be a problem with one of the updates that it installs just before going to the database details page?

Magento Community
Magento Community

GizzmoAsus

Blackburn, UK

This is true, I use ftp because I don’t have ssh access atm (its being worked on).

Magento Community
Magento Community

GizzmoAsus

Blackburn, UK

I was having a look around this morning at I was wondering if it was a problem with the php5-cgi that I have to use (only have php4 :( ).

Anyone have any other suggestions tehn I am all ears lol.

Matt.

Magento Community
Magento Community

g4m3c4ck

Total Posts:  20

I am having a simalar problem too. I installed the newest magento release 0.8.16100 as a clean install and dropped the old db. Well everything works as it should, until you import the 0.8.16100 sample data. It just screws up royally. If you go through the admin panel there are no products, it has a tree of the categories but all thier names are missing i.e. “()”, and etc.

I have restored my old db and everything seems to be like it used to. I would like to run magento with the sample data so I don’t have to enter my own and to see what it looks like.

Can anyone look into this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

GizzmoAsus

Blackburn, UK

Completely different error to mine mate, I can’t get past the database install section of the config setup (with or without thesample data).

I have managed to install it onto my development server at home but thats running the latest versions of everything. I was thinking of importing the whole install up to the live server in order to see if that solves the problem. Failing that I am fresh out of ideas :(

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community