Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

All products “Out of stock” in 2nd website/store

mrceolla

Total Posts:  21

Hello,

I installed 1.2.1.2 and the sample data to try and familiarize myself with Magento.  All installed fine and the store appeared to be functioning correctly.

I then decided to play with the multi-store functionality and installed myself a 2nd website/store.  I have tried the two free templates from MagentoConnect (default modern, girly site).  I then went to the admin panel > catalog > manage products, selected all products > update attributes, and added all products to the 2nd webstie/store.  After doing so all the categories and products appeared in both stores, but the 2nd website/store shows every single product as out of stock while the default website/store show all products as in stock.  I experienced the same results from both of the free templates mentioned earlier, so I’m assuming it is not a template problem.

I have tried updating the quantity from the admin panel, but that did nothing to the 2nd website/store.

Does anyone have any insight into this for me?

This is my first post as I’m just getting into Magento now. 

Thanks,

Mike

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Dscho

Total Posts:  236
Singen, Germany

Hi,

i have the same problem in my second store :-(

Best regards
Dscho

Magento Community
Magento Community

mrceolla

Ok, so if I go to admin panel > system > configuration > select default config from “Current Configuration Scope” > Catelog/Inventory > Expand Product Stock Options > change Manage Stock from yes to no…

...then the add to cart button at least appears in the 2nd website/store.  Also, the “Availability” text is gone from both sites now.

But still, what’s the deal when Manage Stock is set to yes with multiple websites/stores?  Why does the 2nd website/store still show “Out of stock” for everything?

Mike

Magento Community
Magento Community

3mushrooms

Total Posts:  12

I forget what i did “Exactly” but if you have many products test it on one first.  I had the same issue, it seems there might of not been a stock inventory updated for the product for store 2.  First thing is try to refresh the “Inventory Stock Status” in system > cache management.  (if you have a lot of products it could take a while) if that does not work, then go to “manage products”, pick a test product first, if you use grouped products then pick that one, and instead of clicking on it, just check the box and use the “actions” drop down top right to “update attributes”, click submit and then in there goto inventory and enable it at product level and try to use manage stock = yes and if its a regular product then put in the quantity, if you are not really using inventory just put like 10000 or something..... and change the stock status at the bottom to in stock.

Oh… one more thing, make sure to set the store view to your store, i really forget the steps i did, but playing around like this should get you someplace.  if it works for one product, then just select them all next time and update all their attributes.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mrceolla

The problem has went away for me.  I upgraded to 1.3 today and then refreshed/rebuilt everything in cache management.  I don’t know if it was the upgrade or the rebuilding of “Inventory Stock Status” or what, but products now show as in-stock in both stores.

However, the “in stock” and/or “out of stock” text now only shows on the product detail page and not the category pages like it did before.  Does anyone know if this is by design?

Thanks,
Mike

Magento Community
Magento Community

Lataz

Total Posts:  33

I have the same problem, upgrading to 1.3 does not fix it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lefrancaiz

Total Posts:  13

Rebuilding the Inventory Stock Status did it for me.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ourmaninparis

Total Posts:  40

Good tip from 3mushrooms. Just click the Inventory Stock Status “refresh” button.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community