Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Cannot install Magento 1.7.0.2

idonotwantany

Total Posts:  2

We currently us an old version of X-Cart as our web site front end (heavily modified to the point that there’s very little X-Cart left).  Well, due to problems of having to maintain code that has had many fingers in it over the last 9+ years, we are looking to nuke it from orbit and start fresh.  The newest version of X-Cart is certainly an option, as we’re familiar with it, but we recently started using NetSuite as our ERP system, and many NetSuite users have suggested that we give Magento a look.  Well, I fired up a virtual host, running CentOS 6.2, php 5.4.13, Apache 2.2.15 and MySQL 5.5.30 and configured a virtual host and went to the install wizard.  I got as far as it creating the databases when it encountered a fatal error:

Fatal error: Cannot override final method Mage_Core_Model_Abstract::clearInstance() in /webserver/vhosts/magento.{our_domain}.local/docs/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Store.php on line 45

Not a good start for our evaluation process.  I’d look into debugging it myself, but my plate is a little full to go over someone else’s code just to see if we want to buy it.  Keep in mind, support is also part of our evaluation process.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

idonotwantany

Total Posts:  2

Tried nuking the whole install three times, dropping and reinstalling the db each time (first time was my fault for using the sample data for 1.2.x) using sample data for 1.6.1.0 (cannot find sample data for 1.7.0.2 Does it exist? ).  Each time I get the same error after entering db details and clicking next:

Fatal error: Cannot override final method Mage_Core_Model_Abstract::clearInstance() in /webserver/vhosts/magento.{mydomain}.local/docs/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Store.php on line 45

I’m going to set up a dev environment for the latest version of X-Cart so that our company can test that out.  I’ll check this post after I get that done.  If there’s no solution (or at least a request for more specific info that could help solve the problem), I’ll just assume Magento is not a solution for us.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Holla

Total Posts:  12

I have the same problem here. Tried the downloader and the full package.
Once(!) from about 10 tries I have accidentally a success, but it was not possible to redo it. My first thought was the demodata, but after trying without demodata I had a failure again. Allways the same f**king error.

Full stacktrace:

[08-May-2013 14:54:12 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Cannot override final method Mage_Core_Model_Abstract::clearInstance() in ***our_serverpath***/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Store.php on line 45
[08-May-2013 14:54:12 UTC] PHP Stack trace:
[08-May-2013 14:54:12 UTC] PHP 1. {main}() ***our_serverpath***/magento/index.php:0
[08-May-2013 14:54:12 UTC] PHP 2. Mage::run($code = ‘’, $type = ‘store’, $options = *uninitialized*) ***our_serverpath***/magento/index.php:87
[08-May-2013 14:54:12 UTC] PHP 3. Mage_Core_Model_App->run($params = array (’scope_code’ => ‘’, ‘scope_type’ => ‘store’, ‘options’ => array ())) ***our_serverpath***/magento/app/Mage.php:683
[08-May-2013 14:54:12 UTC] PHP 4. Mage_Core_Model_App->_initCurrentStore($scopeCode = ‘’, $scopeType = ‘store’) ***our_serverpath***/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php:349
[08-May-2013 14:54:12 UTC] PHP 5. Mage_Core_Model_App->_initStores() ***our_serverpath***/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php:466
[08-May-2013 14:54:12 UTC] PHP 6. Mage::getModel($modelClass = ‘core/store’, $arguments = *uninitialized*) ***our_serverpath***/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php:618
[08-May-2013 14:54:12 UTC] PHP 7. Mage_Core_Model_Config->getModelInstance($modelClass = ‘core/store’, $constructArguments = array ()) ***our_serverpath***/magento/app/Mage.php:462
[08-May-2013 14:54:12 UTC] PHP 8. class_exists(’Mage_Core_Model_Store’) ***our_serverpath***/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php:1346
[08-May-2013 14:54:12 UTC] PHP 9. Varien_Autoload->autoload($class = ‘Mage_Core_Model_Store’) ***our_serverpath***/magento/lib/Varien/Autoload.php:0
[08-May-2013 14:54:12 UTC] PHP 10. include() ***our_serverpath***/magento/lib/Varien/Autoload.php:93

Oh...this is anoying

Holla

Magento Community
Magento Community

Holla

Total Posts:  12

Ahhhh, it is always important to write the problems down.
After reading my own comment one thing becomes clear: “sometimes it works”. And “sometimes” in IT mostly means “cache”!

After disabling the APC with “php_flag apc.cache_by_default Off” the installation runs like charm! Even with the demodata!!

cool smirk This is something for the FAQ!

Holla

Magento Community
Magento Community

GoMageTeam
Guru

Total Posts:  356
Warsaw, Poland

Hello,

We like the last solution. It should work out.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Tweakmag
Guru

Total Posts:  307
London, UK

I can confirm that turning off APC does indeed allow you to install. I haven’t yet re-enabled APC after installing.
But hopefully this will help anyone else trying to install.
Cheers
Adam

Magento Community
Magento Community

ddnppb

Total Posts:  1

I’ve tried it and works…
thanks for your sharing

Magento Community
Magento Community