Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Bulk Manage Products? 

jimcee

Total Posts:  29
Brighton, UK

Hi,

I have around 700 products under one category (due to an export from oscommerce).. So all items in magento are category A, how can I make 50 items category B?

I know how to edit the products individually, but can I edit more than one product at the same time in admin? To save time basically.

Thanks in advance.

Jim C.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

seatosky

Total Posts:  1

Hey Jim

Did you ever find an answer to this?

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

rich1231

Total Posts:  18

Cant you just export the products, edit and reimport?

Magento Community
Magento Community

jimcee

Total Posts:  29
Brighton, UK

Hi, so you go to account admin.

Manage categories > Click on the left hand side category in the menu tree (the category you would like to move your products to) > Click on the last tab in the main content window ‘category products’ > Click ‘reset filter’ to show/reveal all products in database

Then simply add a tick to the checkbox for the product to appear in that category.

Don’t forget you can add more than one category to a product this way.

Hope this helps.

Jim Callender
http://www.callendercreates.com

Magento Community
Magento Community

PurpleARO

Total Posts:  50

If you have 5,000 products and they are all over the place, I think it will take you hours/days to just select and put a CHECK mark on them....

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

jimcee - 27 March 2009 06:55 AM

I have around 700 products under one category (due to an export from oscommerce).. So all items in magento are category A, how can I make 50 items category B?

I know how to edit the products individually, but can I edit more than one product at the same time in admin? To save time basically.

Please feel free to check our Mass Product Actions extension, it is a great timesaver if you need to assign or remove categories in bulk, adjust prices or change attribute set of the products with one click.

Magento Community
Magento Community

EcommerceExpert

Total Posts:  14
India, UK, Australia, Denmark, USA

Through Oauth we are building a extension which will allow the magento users to modify/edit products through a separate interface, and this interface allows editing of products in a table format, so one can view and edit several products in a single screen, instead of logging into the backend, selecting a product and then going through several tabs to complete the editing process.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

Hi Raj,

Does you new user interface look like http://amasty.com/extended-product-grid.html ?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community