Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Private Password-Protected Per-User Product Catalogs? 

PhoeToeClick

Total Posts:  3

Hi, I’m a photographer.  I’m wondering if Magento does what I need?

* After a clients’ photo session and editing, I will upload the photos from their session to the Web site.

* The photos need to be in a password-protected area so that only that client can see their session’s photos (each client can see only the photos of themselves).

* The client needs to be able to purchase whatever photo(s) they want at whichever size(s) they want (a size option for each photo product) from this same site/area.

* I might include the option for the client to purchase for download a high-resolution file of a single image.  This needs to also download a copyright release document to give the client permission to print/get printed the photo for the specific use (either personal use only or personal and commercial use, depending on the option they choose and price they pay).

* Another product would be a CD of all the images, either personal-only or personal/commercial, again depending on what they want and pay.  Is there a way to get this put automatically in each client’s area?

* There needs to be a public area of the site where photos that anybody who visits the site (member/logged in or not) can see and purchase at whatever size(s).  (There needs to not be a CD product for this area.  Or downloads.)

* I need to be able to submit an order on a client’s behalf on a hidden product (not seen to anybody but me) so that clients can pay for their photo sessions with a credit card.

Thanks!!  grin

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

PhoeToeClick

Total Posts:  3

Also, is there a way that each customer can check a box saying they agree to a user agreement?

Thanks again!  grin

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community