Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

move block type="catalog/layer_view” to different location, possible? 

j2tdesign

Total Posts:  208
France

Hello everyone,

I am here to ask you guys a question regarding some problem that I’ve got inserting a layer_view at a different place… Actually, I tried to move from <reference name="left"> to <reference name="content">, which worked, but I wanted to move it after <block type="catalog/category_view" name="category.products" template="catalog/category/view.phtml"> but nothing appears on the screen.

Do you guys now what I have done wrong?

Here is the piece of xml that I used.

<block type="catalog/layer_view" name="catalog.leftnav" as="layer_view" template="catalog/layer/view.phtml"/>

<reference name="content">
               <
block type="catalog/category_view" name="category.products" template="catalog/category/view.phtml">
                         <
block type="catalog/layer_view" name="catalog.leftnav" as="layer_view" template="catalog/layer/view.phtml"/>
                         <
block type="catalog/product_list" name="product_list" template="catalog/product/list.phtml">
                    <
block type="catalog/product_list_toolbar" name="product_list_toolbar" template="catalog/product/list/toolbar.phtml">
                    </
block>
                    <
action method="setToolbarBlockName"><name>product_list_toolbar</name></action>
                </
block>
            </
block>
        </
reference>

Thanks in advance,

Jon

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

clorne

Total Posts:  236
London

Try putting your block just above </reference>

------
                   </
block>
                    <
action method="setToolbarBlockName"><name>product_list_toolbar</name></action>
                </
block>
            </
block>
<
block type="catalog/layer_view" name="catalog.leftnav" template="catalog/layer/view.phtml"/> 
</
block>
        </
reference>

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

MI

Total Posts:  172
Spain

Hi!

I’m desperate, I have the same problem!