Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Display customer register form on login page

Pablo Lopez

Total Posts:  51

Hi there!
On the user login page (customer/form/login.phtml) , there are two options, loggin in as a returning customer or going to the user registration page (customer/form/login.phtml ) . What I want to do is to show the register form on that login page. I try doing it the old fashion dirty not magento way (php include) but didn’t work (obviously). 
Also try adding this reference on the default customer.xml handler

<reference name="content">
            <
block type="customer/form_register" name="customer_form_register" template="customer/form/register.phtml"/>
  </
reference>

and then

<?=$this->getChildHtml('customer_form_register')?>

on the customer/form/login.phtml , but didn’t work either.

how can I “include” the register.phtml form?

thanks in advance!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Pablo Lopez

Total Posts:  51

Well actually the reference on customer.xml and then calling the <?=$this->getChildHtml('customer_form_register')?> did work, but now I have the form on all pages
I have to put the reference on the customer_account_login handler. smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

kaushal_kk

Total Posts:  83

Hi Lopez, I have already taken registration form on login page but i have a problem that when login failed at that time focus goes on first name of registration form instead of password/Email Address field.
Any Help?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community