Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Cant import products from default csv

todavy

Total Posts:  4

I’m making fresh installation of Magento with the product samples included. Then I’m trying the export/import function by doing this:

Export all Products to CSV file om my desktop (Win7, PC)
System - Import/Export - Export (Entity Type=Products, Export File Format=CSV) - Continue - Saving file on Desktop - Done

Importing the same file to Magento
System - Import/Export - Import - (Entity Type=Products, Import behavior=Append Complex Data) - Select file - Check data

The most simple test of the export/import function I believed. But I get this error;

Product type is not supported in rows: 325, 332, 334, 336
Orphan rows that will be skipped due default row errors in rows: 326, 327, 333, 335

Question 1
Whats wrong here?

Question 2
What are the required attributes for the most simple import?

Question 3
If I only put values in all of the required fields in the CSV file, should also the rest of the magento attributes (column names) be present in the CSV file?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community