Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Custom Invoices for Payment By Customer

Scott
Guru

Total Posts:  333
Northwest Ohio

I think a custom order or invoice creation system in the admin panel would be nice for companies who do quotes and/or orders over the phone.

* Create and invoice then assign it to an existing or new customer account.
* Send email to the customer with a link to pay the invoice in full.
* May work good for customers with configurable or variable products or product attributes.
* Perhaps the customer wants a really high quantity of products, for which the custom price would not be publsihed

Any other ideas to add?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Brandon

Total Posts:  76
Web Developer

I think that is at least 2 separate systems.  I think an phone order system where you can associate the order with any customer (as long as you are logged in through admin, the security should be fine—just don’t have access to saved credit cards if that’s every an option!), would be nice.  In the shopping cart I use now, we have to reset the customer’s password—which sucks.

Invoicing the customer so that they can pay on their own would be a custom payment module I think.

Or I guess this could be one system: Basically if you place a “phone order” all you are doing is pre-loading a cart for the customer.  Once finished, you e-mail the customer an “invoice” and they follow a link.  Doing so kicks them straight to checkout with all the info filled in.  All they have to do is select shipping and payment… It would be nice....

Maybe even a combination of the two systems?  The option to either a) enter the payment info yourself (as admin) or b) email the invoice to the customer to complete.

That would be unique --- good idea Scott! :D

Magento Community
Magento Community

Corbs

Total Posts:  5

BUMP

An excellent idea! It’s the only thing holding me back from signing up to Magento. Anyone have any third party solutions to this?

C

Magento Community
Magento Community

Logi7

Total Posts:  8

Would also love this feature

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community