Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Upgrade from 1.2.0 to 1.2.1.2 is OK, but the files didn’t change !! 

guillaume7684

Total Posts:  241

Hello,

I upgraded magento from 1.2.0 to 1.2.1.2 with “magento connect manager”, in backoffice I can see on the bottom of the page 1.2.1.2 but the problem is that my files didn’t change when I compare with “diff files”.

Who can explain that?

Thank you.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Eminent Style

Total Posts:  86
Bromsgrove, United Kingdom

I have had a similar problem. Upgrading via Magento Connect and it says that the upgrade has completed successfully but when I go back to the admin the version at the bottom is still the old one and I don’t have the new features.

I resorted to backing up the database, installing the new version with a new database, deleting the new tables and restoring the old data into this DB. Then I deleted local.xml and went through the wizard again. I now have issues with SSL on the front end (1.2.1.2). Sigh!

Magento Community
Magento Community

guillaume7684

OK, but I don’t want to install completly magento everytime there is a new version !!!

Does somebody have an other idea?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Eminent Style

Neither do I! grin

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sindre|ProperHost
Mentor

Total Posts:  1158

guillaume7684: If the admin and frontend report the new version and you have access to any new added features, the upgrade is ok. The files must have changed.

Eminent Style: You can try to delete the downloader/pearlib/pear.ini file, then run the upgrade again. It should work.

Also remember to clear your cache.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Eminent Style

@Sindre|ProperHost, thanks for your reply. I read that advice elsewhere on the forum but it didn’t work though. I must have cleared the cache 30 times! Very odd!

Magento Community
Magento Community

guillaume7684

Hello,

I’m going to delete on my server all the files of the version 1.2.0 and paste all the files of the version 1.2.1.2

If I don’t touch to the BDD, do you think all the products that I have already register will be present after this operation?

Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community