Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

unable to do a database backup via the Admin panel (getting Errors)

Allysin

Total Posts:  215

Hi,

I once tried to install some kind of a Magento Connect widget and it crashed the site. I made a backup via the cPanel before doing it and lucky for me - the technician at the hosting company was able to restore it. He says, however, that there are some tables missing (or extra) or something when using the backup via the cPanel and in the future - I should do the Database backup through the Admin panel of the Magento Shopping cart.

I\\\’ve tried and tried to do this but I was getting the following Error:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 300 seconds exceeded in /home/MY_SITE/MY_SITE/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php on line 861

I opened a ticket with my web hosting company and they:

have increased max_execution time

and

increased my memory limit double

Now - it tries for a really long time and then gives the following Error:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@MY_SITE.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Any suggestions anyone? kiss

Allysin

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Allysin

Total Posts:  215

Has anyone experienced anything similar?

Any ideas?

Thanks for any replies.

rasberry

Magento Community
Magento Community

Extendware

Total Posts:  231

You should probably inform your host and have them look at the error log. There could be a variety of reasons and the error log will give an indication of what areas should be investigated.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Pulkit Seth

Total Posts:  107

Hi Allysin,

It might be folder permission issues. You can try changing the permission of backups folder to 777. If still this doesn’t work contact your hosting provider, they will fix this issue definitely.

Regards
Pulkit

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community