Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

having smtp settings problems

ashok varma

Total Posts:  4

hai

iam new to magento iam working on localhost server in my template the mails are not going i have facing this problem since last two days

i have changed all the settings what the google says ......  but i have not survived ...the major problem is this error..........

ASchroder.com SMTP Pro Self-test results
Testing outbound connectivity to Server:
Using SMTP configuration options
Connection to Host SMTP server successful.
Sending test email to your contact form address example@gmail.com:
Unable to send test email. Exception message was: 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first. ya4sm7029373pbb.24 - gsmtp ...
Please check and double check your username and password.
Contact Form test email did not use SMTPPro to send.
Testing failed, please review the reported problems and if you need further help visit ASchroder.com to contact me.

this is the problem i have facing ... i dont know how to get out of this problem

can anybody help me out ..............please please......

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

PonnuKumar

Total Posts:  3

Check whether the following classes have been overriden by any other plugin:
Mage_Core_Model_Email
Mage_Core_Model_Email_Template

If yes, then disable those plugins (if not in use) OR extend the classes in such a way that both plugins work. And then check whether the smtp settings are working fine after clearing the cache.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community