Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Getting DB Connection informations

senthilkumar.ms

Total Posts:  9
Chennai-TamilNadu-India

hai,

I want to put the color paletes for the my magento site,which is able to choose the skin color of the site ,the colors are loaded from the Database and the admin controls are going to add which facilitates the default color to be set by the admin initially,[later the customer of the site able to change the color by selecting the color in the palette,

so due to the query executions[fetching the color ,maintain the color status in DB ],i need the database connection parameters,
now i hard coded for testing,suppose my design theme is copied to another project then how can able to find the DB parameters of that site without admin’s help.

I analysed the New products core page having the query like coding used to fetch the new items,but the code is so vague to implement my simple concept,so please suggest me any one to handle this task simpler.

[i need the idea to fetch the DB parameters using the code in mgento]

i already tried to read the configuration file which is in XML,but the server unable to allow to read the file.

Thnaks in advance.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

senthilkumar.ms

Total Posts:  9
Chennai-TamilNadu-India

senthilkumar.ms - 26 March 2009 01:45 AM

hai,

I want to put the color paletes for the my magento site,which is able to choose the skin color of the site ,the colors are loaded from the Database and the admin controls are going to add which facilitates the default color to be set by the admin initially,[later the customer of the site able to change the color by selecting the color in the palette,

so due to the query executions[fetching the color ,maintain the color status in DB ],i need the database connection parameters,
now i hard coded for testing,suppose my design theme is copied to another project then how can able to find the DB parameters of that site without admin’s help.

I analysed the New products core page having the query like coding used to fetch the new items,but the code is so vague to implement my simple concept,so please suggest me any one to handle this task simpler.

[i need the idea to fetch the DB parameters using the code in mgento]

i already tried to read the configuration file which is in XML,but the server unable to allow to read the file.

Thnaks in advance.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community