Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento layout broke after root location was changed

abrafacs

Total Posts:  2

Hi!

I recently changed my magento root location by using this guide:

http://www.activoinc.com/blog/2009/08/07/howto-change-the-base-url-in-magento-via-command-line/

it worked fine and I can now access magento using the new root location. The problem now is that the it has a messy layout and doesn’t seem to locate the images and design stuff it has. How do I fix this? And also, I can’t access the magento backend.

Thanks.

P.S. I’ve attached a screenshot of my current situation.

Image Attachments
untitled.bmp

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Nickyfashion

Total Posts:  116
Bangkok/Miami

It looks like that your css , media and most likely js folders are still being perceived as from the old root location.

Try to manually clear your cache folders, alternatively you might double-check on your Unsecure / Secure Base URL options within System > Configuration > General > Web.

In case that you aren’t able to access or do that from within the backend you may review your related data within core_config_data using phpmyadmin.

Nicky

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community