Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Affiliates

creat1ve

Total Posts:  10

An affiliate program should definitely be implemented.  I think this is already in the roadmap, but there is no detail.

I’d like to see great affiliate tracking stats, a dedicated affiliate logon, and affiliate tools where one would be able to generate links, images, etc. Maybe even affiliate pricing scheme.

My thoughts are a bit scattered right now, but there’s got to be someone out there that has an idea of what I’m talking about.  Speak up you. I want to hear what you think.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Scott
Guru

Total Posts:  333
Northwest Ohio

I always liked the idea of the referral code system rather than cookie based tracking. Then give the referee an incentive to take action (join, buy, etc) by attaching a promotion to the referral code. Then the referee would surely enter it (at least I’d hope so). Because there are no dependencies on cookies and such, the referrer should surely get credited grin

Magento Community
Magento Community

lopsta.com

Total Posts:  145

it would be hard to find a network and an advertiser without cookie lifetime.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jimmycurrent

Total Posts:  5

i’d like to see a simple ability to attach a referrer code to customer profiles and a spot to enter the referrer code at checkout.  I would like to assign each order shipped a unique code that the buyer can pass on to friends.  the friend wouldn’t necessarily get a discount by putting in the code, but they would help out the original buyer get get ‘points’
is there such a system already?  am i missing something?  i don’t really need a complicated affiliate program, and with limited abilities, i would like to keep things simple..
regards

jimmycurrent

Magento Community
Magento Community

MageGuys
Guru

Total Posts:  380

I don’t think a built in affiliate system is coming any time soon. I’ve just written a turn key integration with Post Affiliate Pro that should cover this need for the foreseeable future. You can get it via Magento Connect, or via direct download at the link below.

Details on Post Affiliate Pro and the Affiliate Module

Affiliate Module on Magento Connect

Enjoy!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Jonathan Bradshaw

Total Posts:  5

I was just about to start looking into PAP integration next week so this could be very nice timing!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Magicbodylady

Total Posts:  2

Where you able to solve the refering issue??  I want to have a field that allows my distributors to have a code that is associated to everyoen they send to the site..
So I will always know who should get credit for tthe sale…

So it like a sale rep code that will show up in the order on the backend so I know who should get credit for the sale...anyone got a simple solution...that I can implement before Wednesday.. thank you

Magento Community
Magento Community

diazwatson

Total Posts:  35
Spain

Looking for something similar I get this http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/Auguria/extension/3042/auguria-sponsorship

Check it out

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sunnyrain

Total Posts:  2

I would also want to look for affiliate for my tech blog, http://www.gadgetsbing.com, which I update and write diligently, but I find that it is still hard to get it around. Is there any effective way to make it?

Magento Community
Magento Community

sushants1985

Total Posts:  6

Hi,

I am looking to built a Magento based product comparison website using affiliate network feeds, Where users will be redirected to merchant’s website rather going to shopping cart. Similar thing I found for Drupal, but I want it for Magento.

Help any one…

Regards
Sushant Srivastava

Magento Community
Magento Community

MageWorld

Total Posts:  135
USA / Vietnam

Hello there,

We have just released a complete affiliate solution for Magento
http://www.mage-world.com/affiliate-pro-magento-extension

Looking for feature comment from everybody.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Magestore
Mentor

Total Posts:  1015
Viet Nam

http://www.magestore.com/affiliateplus/features.html
Our Affiliate extension was the first released and most recommended (check on Magento Connect to see customers’ reviews). Some of its Outstanding Features:
- Setting commission, discount & payout requirement
- Refer through banner: Image, Flash, Rotator, Page heel, Popup…
- Refer through link: affiliates can custom the link url
- Refer through email, social network, widget
- Affiliate by coupon
- Pay Per Sale
- Pay Per Lead
- Pay Per Click
- Pay Per Mille
- PayPal mass pay, Multiple Payment methods: bank transfer, wire, credit card…
- Create Multiple Programs
- Tier Commission

Basic edition just $69. Add preferred plugins as you wish. Free Lifetime Support Check it out http://www.magestore.com/affiliateplus/features.html

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community