Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

custom Toolbar filter options

rgoodrow

Total Posts:  31

so due to the way our product grid views are setup, I’ve overloaded with Mage_Catalog_Block_Product_List_Toolbar with our own.

Now since this custom toolbar is used on multiple grid views, I’m creating the toolbar using the following method

$toolbar $that->getLayout()
                        ->
createBlock('my/product_grid_toolbar')
                        ->
setTemplate('catalog/product/grid/toolbar.phtml')
                        ->
setCollection($_products)
                        ->
setColumnCount($columnSize)
        ;

$html $toolbar->toHtml().

This does properly load the Toolbar, however the sort shown are not respecting the options set within Magento->Catalog->Manage Categories->Êtagory%->Available Product Listing Sort By.

How can I get my toolbar block to read the system configuration for the particular catalog that is being viewed so it will only show the sort fields that I have selected?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

rgoodrow

Total Posts:  31

that’s not where it’s set though.

Using Magento (v1.7), You can set what sort fields you want to allow a category to be sorted by under
Catalog -> Manage Categories -> &#xSp;ecific Category% -> Display Settings
then only selected the fields you want to sort by under the Available Product Listing Sort By * heading.

I need to know how to retrieve that value, either directly, or at runtime by a method that already exists somewhere.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Indies Inc

Total Posts:  193

Hi,
For the default Magento, toolbar options are the attribute of the product. The attributes list is available into the admin interface at the following location.

Catalog->Attribute->Manage Attribute.

Search the attribute that is being displayed into the toolbar right now and click on it. See the 2 last options that provide settings to display any attribute into toolbar filter.
You can create your own attribute and put into that toolbar.
Hope this will help you.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community