Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Websites Payments Pro API Duplicate Transaction Issue

Destreyf

Total Posts:  26

I am receiving the following error from paypal’s Websites Payments Pro API:

Invalid DataThe transaction was refused as a result of a duplicate invoice ID supplied.  Attempt with a new invoice ID

But i cannot figure out how to fix this, i’ve looked at manually pushing the id up, but i cannot figure out how to get this to work, any insight would help greatly.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Destreyf

Total Posts:  26

Was playing around and went into the sales_flat_quote table and changed the “reserved_incrental_id” up a few places, and it worked like a charm on the first attempt.

Just tested a second time, and it incremented to the higher one as well, i changed the eav_entity_store where the last incremental id was conflicting, so i changed it up 4-5 numbers and its working still.

Hope this helps someone else out…

Magento Community
Magento Community

Thejosh13

Total Posts:  252

Also having this problem, so is this post http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/21455/

Magento Community
Magento Community

pollyplummer

Total Posts:  71
Tulsa, OK

Destreyf - 25 March 2009 08:52 AM

Was playing around and went into the sales_flat_quote table and changed the “reserved_incrental_id” up a few places, and it worked like a charm on the first attempt.

Just tested a second time, and it incremented to the higher one as well, i changed the eav_entity_store where the last incremental id was conflicting, so i changed it up 4-5 numbers and its working still.

Hope this helps someone else out…

I tried this but it keeps generating the same invoice ID for every subsequent transaction. It did this all 4 times that I tested it.  Are there any other values I would need to change??

Magento Community
Magento Community

CCondra
Magento Team

Total Posts:  45
Lemon Grove, California (San Diego County)

RESOLVED!(YAY)

I just resolved this problem by installing the Custom Order Number Pro Extension from AdjustWare.  I created an order paying by check, and generated an invoice to get the numbering sequence going. After that, I was able to make PayPal purchases without any problem.

------------

I just had a “duplicate invoice” error after installing v1.3.2.3.  I made a test PayPal purchase and it was rejected due to a duplicate invoice number.  Because this is a new site, there haven’t yet been any invoices generated, although we’ve generated quite a few order numbers.  This is a real show stopper and I reported it as a bug. 

help!!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

shamann

Total Posts:  15

I just resolved the same issue in our store.

1. open phpMyAdmin (or any other DB editor)
2. open table sales_flat_quote
3. find the record corresponding failing order. Use grand total, customer email, date to search it. In most cases it should be the latest record in that table, so it will have the largest entity_id
4. edit this record. Set the reserved_order_id to greater number. Make sure the number you have set is greater than any Order # in your store.
5. commit changes

Then customer can resubmit the order.

You don’t need to install any extensions.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Frooli

Total Posts:  13

shamann - 27 January 2010 02:09 PM

I just resolved the same issue in our store.

1. open phpMyAdmin (or any other DB editor)
2. open table sales_flat_quote
3. find the record corresponding failing order. Use grand total, customer email, date to search it. In most cases it should be the latest record in that table, so it will have the largest entity_id
4. edit this record. Set the reserved_order_id to greater number. Make sure the number you have set is greater than any Order # in your store.
5. commit changes

Then customer can resubmit the order.

You don’t need to install any extensions.

Perfect, worked like a charm!
Thank you for your inpot.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community