Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Downloadable products payment failure? 

p4besso

Total Posts:  19

Hi,

I’m integrating Magento with SecureTrading XPay plugin for CC payments, which works fine (e.g. all the payments from the demo store products go through, inclunding newly creted simple products). However, when I create downloadable products, the $payment->getAmount() always returns 0 (if I start debugging the XML). The same XML works fine for other products, as I said. I suspect it might be somehow connected with the lack of shipping method…

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

p4besso

Damn… Even if i manage to make the purchase by changing the code that sets the $amount variable in authorize function of payment module, the Order Total is still zero, and Order SubTotal is correct.

Is there any way around this? Anyone else having same problems with downloadable products?

If I add one single “physical” product that includes shipping, etc., everything works fine.

Magento Community
Magento Community

cathyka

Total Posts:  62

I am having a problem with downloadables as well. Not with the pricing but with the payment.

I sell both downloads and hard goods. If someone purchases a hard good I have no problems.
But if they only try to purchase a download we get a

Payment transaction failed.
Reason
Ship To First Name is required.

There are no shipping information or shipping options available in the carts for just downloads therefore the ship to first name cannot be input.

I do not get this problem when the price is set to 0.
Does it have something to do with my cc processor?  I use authorize.net.

Magento Community
Magento Community

p4besso

Try updating your CC payment module. I use SecureTrading XPay and I ended up developing the fix myself to add support for downloadable products.

Magento Community
Magento Community

cathyka

Total Posts:  62

I tried your suggestion of updating the CC. Thanks for the tip, but it didn’t work. Could you provide any other insight? I just can’t seem to get this to work.

Magento Community
Magento Community

p4besso

Basically I’d suggest searching these forums for “authorize.net” as it’s a pretty common payment gateway and I’m sure there’s a fix available or your problem might be elsewhere.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community