Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Promotions not working, help! 

envisionwebgroup

Total Posts:  37
Orlando, FL

I set up a Catalog Price Rule (under Promotions) to apply a 10% discount to any products greater than $499 in price. It is set to active, the date range is correct, and after I saved rule and applied it, I received the “Rules were successfully applied”, but the discount is not appearing anywhere on the frontend.

I refreshed the cache multiple times, and I’m completely stumped as to why this isn’t working. If anyone could run down some troubleshooting steps or possible causes I would be very appreciative.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

envisionwebgroup

Total Posts:  37
Orlando, FL

Nevermind! I found out that if you have a special price configured, it conflicts with catalog promotions...if there is a way to apply catalog promotions to special prices (adding a 3rd discount I guess you could say), then I’d love to hear it otherwise my problems are resolved enough for the moment.

Magento Community
Magento Community

3mushrooms

Total Posts:  12

Yeah, it would be nice...... but a 3rd discount is a little off the norm, but people do have them.... like “list price” + “our price” + “sale price!”

However in that situation its probably better to use a custom attribute for list price and just use it for “display” purposes i suppose.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community