Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Group Price for Configurable Product Drop Down Select? 

benjaminbaev

Total Posts:  4

I have group pricing on three Simple Products, each different.  The three products are three separate options for a configurable product.  When I am logged into the special group, Simple Products “Special Price” is displayed correctly as it is configured in the admin.  But when I visit a “Configurable Product” it displays the normal price and not the customer’s “special price"…

Any ideas?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

benjaminbaev

I’ll try and be more clear.

I have a configurable product called “Shoe”.  There are three simple products, Shoe 1, Shoe 2, and Shoe 3 as options in the configurable product “Shoe”.  Each simple product has its own price structure depending on the Member group.

Shoe (configurable product)
--- Select option:
------- Shoe 1 (simple product with group pricing)
------- Shoe 2 (simple product with group pricing)
------- Shoe 3 (simple product with group pricing)

When you visit the product page for “Shoe”, and choose “Shoe 1”, the group pricing is not correct.  It just defaults to the price set for the configurable product.  Shouldn’t it pass the price from the simple product through to the configurable product?  Or does the configurable product price override the simple product pricing structure?

*** EDiT ***

I’m guessing this is something that can be fixed in the theme’s price.phtml file?  Just need to pass the simple product’s price value based on the member group and override the configurable product price?

Magento Community
Magento Community

benjaminbaev

Can’t believe no one’s ever run into this before.

After looking through some of the core code, it looks like this has to do with the Core.

What I’m wondering is why Magento can’t pass the Member Group price through to the Configurable product.  Doesn’t make much sense.

Has anyone else run into this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

adad64

Total Posts:  1

I\’m running into this problem as well… Anyone have any suggestions? Maybe switch to Simple Configurable Products? I need group pricing on these options but it ignores group pricing on the associated products.

Magento Community
Magento Community

benjaminbaev

I ended up going with Simple Product Pricing by AYASoftware and it works GREAT - link here.

Make sure you set the price for each individual product (associated product) as well as the base price for each group within the configurable product for it to work properly.

If you have any issues with it, let me know and I’ll try and help.

adad64 - 17 July 2013 01:59 PM

I\’m running into this problem as well… Anyone have any suggestions? Maybe switch to Simple Configurable Products? I need group pricing on these options but it ignores group pricing on the associated products.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community