Magento Forum

csv import of configurable products in 1.7.0.2

nedict

Total Posts:  1

When I add a configurable product in the Admin Panel, it all works as desired/expected.
When I export the configurable product (and so it’s associated simple products), then delete the configurable product and finally import the exported file (without modifications) again, the simple products are no longer associated with the configurable product.

I use the standard export and import profiles. System -> Import/Export -> Dataflow - Profiles -> Export All Products and Import All Products.

After some searching, I added the columns “associated” and “config_attributes” at the end of the csv file. In the associated column I put all the sku’s of the simple products, and in the config_attributes column I put the desired attribute (size in my case). The configurable product is the last imported row. See my code below.

Still, the simple products are not associated with the configurable product. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance!

"store","websites","attribute_set","type","category_ids","sku","has_options","name","meta_title","meta_description","image","small_image","thumbnail","url_key","url_path","custom_design","page_layout","options_container","country_of_manufacture","msrp_enabled","msrp_display_actual_price_type","gift_message_available","price","special_price","weight","msrp","status","is_recurring","visibility","enable_googlecheckout","tax_class_id","description","short_description","meta_keyword","custom_layout_update","special_from_date","special_to_date","news_from_date","news_to_date","custom_design_from","custom_design_to","qty","min_qty","use_config_min_qty","is_qty_decimal","backorders","use_config_backorders","min_sale_qty","use_config_min_sale_qty","max_sale_qty","use_config_max_sale_qty","is_in_stock","low_stock_date","notify_stock_qty","use_config_notify_stock_qty","manage_stock","use_config_manage_stock","stock_status_changed_auto","use_config_qty_increments","qty_increments","use_config_enable_qty_inc","enable_qty_increments","is_decimal_divided","stock_status_changed_automatically","use_config_enable_qty_increments","product_name","store_id","product_type_id","product_status_changed","product_changed_websites","size","color","recurring_profile","associated","config_attributes"
"admin"
,"base","Default","simple","","12345679-26/L30","0","TestJeans2-26/L30","","","","","","testjeans2-26-l30","testjeans2-26-l30.html","","No layout updates","Block after Info Column"," ","Use config","Use config","No","12.5600","","0.0000","","Enabled","No","Catalog, Search","Yes","Taxable Goods","TestJeans2","Testjeans2 kort","","","","","","","","","12.0000","0.0000","1","0","0","1","1.0000","1","0.0000","1","1","","","1","0","1","0","1","0.0000","1","0","0","0","1","TestJeans2-26/L30","0","simple","","","26/L30","","","",""
"admin"
,"base","Default","simple","","12345679-26/L32","0","TestJeans2-26/L32","","","","","","testjeans2-26-l32","testjeans2-26-l32.html","","No layout updates","Block after Info Column"," ","Use config","Use config","No","12.5600","","0.0000","","Enabled","No","Catalog, Search","Yes","Taxable Goods","TestJeans2","Testjeans2 kort","","","","","","","","","12.0000","0.0000","1","0","0","1","1.0000","1","0.0000","1","1","","","1","0","1","0","1","0.0000","1","0","0","0","1","TestJeans2-26/L32","0","simple","","","26/L32","","","",""
"admin"
,"base","Default","simple","","12345679-26/L34","0","TestJeans2-26/L34","","","","","","testjeans2-26-l34","testjeans2-26-l34.html","","No layout updates","Block after Info Column"," ","Use config","Use config","No","12.5600","","0.0000","","Enabled","No","Catalog, Search","Yes","Taxable Goods","TestJeans2","Testjeans2 kort","","","","","","","","","12.0000","0.0000","1","0","0","1","1.0000","1","0.0000","1","1","","","1","0","1","0","1","0.0000","1","0","0","0","1","TestJeans2-26/L34","0","simple","","","26/L34","","","",""
"admin"
,"base","Default","configurable","2,3,6","12345679","1","TestJeans2","","","","","","testjeans2","testjeans2.html","","No layout updates","Block after Info Column"," ","Use config","Use config","No","12.5600","","","","Enabled","","Catalog, Search","Yes","Taxable Goods","TestJeans2","Testjeans2 kort","","","","","","","","","0.0000","0.0000","1","0","0","1","1.0000","1","0.0000","1","1","","","1","0","1","0","1","0.0000","1","0","0","0","1","TestJeans2","0","configurable","","","","","","12345679-26/L30,12345679-26/L32,12345679-26/L34","size"

PS. The file is only 5 lines, the above code-tags do break the lines.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

coscientiam

Total Posts:  26

Hello

As far as I know there is no way you can import configurable products with having them linked to the associated simple products on fly.
There are probably some profile snippets and code snippets available over internet that make it possible, however out of box this feature is not available.

You can try this extension which handles this task though. It allows to import configurable products and generate all needed simple associated products on fly, and makes them linked. Here is the sample CSV showing the proper columns format for configurable products. The important columns are:
type | configurable_attributes | super_attribute_pricing
configurable | size,color | size::L:12;XL:15,color::red:10;green:15

The valid_configurable_combinations column is optional. This way you can restrict the combination, otherwise it will generate all possible combinations of your configurable attributes values.

Magento Community
Magento Community

kazko

use magmi, it does the job perfectly

Magento Community
Magento Community

MLX_STORE

Total Posts:  11
Viet Nam

Hi,
Please try use our extension at http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/export-import-bulk-product.html

Magento Community
Magento Community

Catostrof

Hi,

Have you made sure that attribute size has following settings:

Scope=Global
Catalog Input Type for Store Owner = Dropdown
Apply To * = All products
Use To Create Configurable Product = Yes

Magento Community
Magento Community

deenfirdoush

Total Posts:  3

I am successfull in creating cofigurable products with two variations such as color & size
Steps

1) created four simple products say,
iphone 8 gb, with size is 8gb,color is white
iphone 8 gb, with size is 8gb,color is black
iphone 16 gb, with size is 16gb,color is white
iphone 16 gb, with size is 16gb,color is black

2) then i created one configurable product with above four products\\\’ sku included associated key
3) i included all 8 variations in the following attributes,
_super_products_sku,_super_attribute_code,_super_attribute_option

I have attached what i created, please use the attachement

Before using sample csv, Please make sure that you have already created following global configurable attribute
with following values

Attribute code - size
values - 8GB,16GB
Catalog Input Type for Store Owner - Drop down

Attribute code - color
values - White, Black
Catalog Input Type for Store Owner - Dropdown

Also, dont forget to add appropriate category value in “_category” field. I created “Electronics” category using magange categories section before creating CSV.

In “_root_category” field, provide your root catalog name, in my sample, i renamed dafault root category into “Jgs main catalog” before creating csv, and put that name in “_root_category” field. Attached sample explains, how to create grouped product, configurable product witn single variation with price change, simple product, configurable product with multiple variations with fixed price value

Image Attachments
config-sample.png
File Attachments
custom-products-master.zip  (File Size: 2KB - Downloads: 104)

Magento Community
Magento Community

Martinly

Total Posts:  64

You can view this tutorial which gives step-by-step guide How to Magento import configurable products from CSV

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community