Magento Forum

Pricing for simple products in a configurable product do not show magento 1.2.1.2

Fera

Total Posts:  24

I have a product with lots of variations. So I created a configurable product with two attributes that are different for each variation. But there is no logic to the pricing of the variations. Sometimes length 150 is 40 euro more expensive then 140 in other cases the 150 length is actually a bit cheaper.

I had expected that the price as given to the simple product would be used because that is the actual product and the configurable product is more or less a container for all the variations.

An example:
Configurable product price: 1,00 euro
+ 40 / 140 simple product: 19,95 euro
+ 40 / 150 simple product: 25,50 euro

Online the price for any combination shows 1,00 euro!

Did I do something wrong, did I misunderstand or is there a problem with magento?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ShopGuy
Guru

Total Posts:  462

Will the Simple Configurable products plugin functionality ever become part of core?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Fera

Total Posts:  24

I do not get why this isn’t the default behaviour, or why there is not the choice to either let the options add parts of the price or let every simple product have a unique price. It seems very logical to me that both are viable ways to make up pricing…

Magento Community
Magento Community

XCylo7

Total Posts:  3

I was also quite surprised, when I realised, that the price of the configurable product was not only still shown after selecting the relevant options (should be immediately updated after selecting a product), but also TAKEN, when buying the product (and not having defined static pricing rules).

That is, in my opinion, not only a missing feature but rather a serious bug. The strict and very limited pricing rules can’t be really people’s default way of pricing different simple products… am I totally wrong?

So please, dear Magento people: Consider a bug-free, flexible, comfortable way of pricing for configurable products! I’m sure, lots of people would be really thankful.

Magento Community
Magento Community

WebAddict

Total Posts:  8
Chandler, AZ

I am looking to achieve this same functionality with Configurable Products. For instance, I sell Jewelry, and a single ring might have multiple finger sizes, different material options and sometimes more.

Several of the rings I’m trying to figure out how to enter have between 800-1,200 variations per ring! I was going to use the configurable product to allow easy selection based on the material (14k white gold, 14k yellow, platinum, etc...), finger size (20-40 different half sizes), and the MM width of the ring. These 3 configurations make it easy to find exactly what someone is looking for.

The problem isn’t setting this up, it’s that the frontend uses the configurable product’s price instead of the chosen simple product’s price. Can Anyone help me figure out how to make this work?

Magento Community
Magento Community

hindleydp

Total Posts:  98

anyone know if this will be available in the magento core at some point?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Matt Dean
Guru

Total Posts:  549

topspotweb - 26 March 2009 07:59 PM

Sorry to tell you, but that is how Magento works by default. There is an extension Simple Configurable products… it will work the way you want… with some restrictions. Read the documentation before you proceed. I am still looking for a solution that will integrate the right price based off the simple item and allow custom options as well....

Looks like I might have to work on my own plug-in.

Hiya,

You could just ask me (or better pay me!) to add custom option support to the extension you know wink
I’ve actually got some Custom Option support working for Simple Configurable Products on my dev box now so it won’t be long. Keep an eye out for v0.6 being released soon, once it’s fully tested.

Cheers,
Matt

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community