Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Set Default store / adding products to different website/store

3mushrooms

Total Posts:  12

I recently posted about what i thought was a database issue, but turns out it seems to be related to the “stores”.  I have two stores, both stores share similar products etc..........  however only when the 1st store is set as default the products actually work, almost like they’re not showing for the website, and when i do cache refresh, they start to show up but pricing and pricing nav layer is gone completely.

Basically......

One store products were added too first via Magento API.  Then in the control panel, i have added some to a second website.  The 2nd website is actually switch to use the code “base” but the 1st site is set to default.  when i navigate to the 2nd site (the one that is the base) the thing has its skin, etc… but is using the 1st site (don’t ask) as an identifyer to mangeto as i noticed it is using its CMS block for the home page (title, meta description is of site one) but looks and works fine.  Now soon as i check the “set as default” in websites config for the 2nd site, most products are gone completely, like they were never added to the site.  When i re-add them (we’re talking like over 1000+) to the site, they then show up but out of stock, then when i re-index the stock quantity or whatever in cache management, they don’t show out of stock anymore, but have no price.  These are grouped products with simple products.  no layered price nav either, but when i click on one, the simple products with the prices are there and can be added to the cart.

So whats missing??????? that is the question.  I dont mind going into the DB to fix it if i can, but this is a pain, it seems like something when added to the 2nd site was missing in the DB compared to when added to the 1st site.

It seems like it might be the catalog pricing index...... ??

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

3mushrooms

Total Posts:  12

Seems for whatever reason, every simply product needs to update inventory again, and it only seems to work if you use the multiple product update option in the product view.  there is 4000+ products, that really sucks.  seems like it is missing for the new website so they show out of stock :( damn what a wast of time.  next time i am using a different ecommerce software.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community