Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Fatal error: Call to a member function setActive() on a non-object

Teclance Enterprise

Total Posts:  44

Hello,

After upgrading to the latest version I get this message when going to the admin:

Fatal error: Call to a member function setActive() on a non-object in /home2/sitename/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Controller/Action.php on line 76

I tried rerunning the upgrades again but no luck to fixing this.

This is the code on that line:

if ($this->getRequest()->getPost() || $this->getRequest()->getQuery(’isAjax’)) {
return $this;
}

Any assistance to fixing this is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

neatnet

Total Posts:  9

Hi Mike,
I am getting the same error after trying to install the light box.
Can you please please please tell me what you ended up doing and if you found the solution to the dreadfull error please?
Thankjs
Manu

Magento Community
Magento Community

kajal

Total Posts:  60

Hi,

If someone is still facing the same issue, You will first need to replace all your layout files for admin.
This issue may occur due to some/ any module installation.

If this trick also doesn’t work for you, you will need to remove local.xml file and to re-install your store(no data loss).

Hope this helps.

Happy coding!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community