Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Bundle or Grouped Product with Configurable product inside

Leo Brazil

Total Posts:  6

Is that possible to set up a Grouped or Bundle product using a Configurable product as a retalated product ?

I will give you an example.

Imagine I have a footwear shop where I have setup configurable products like shoes and socks were the customers can select the size of them.

I would like to set up a group or bundle product like a kit (set) of an pair or shoes and socks together were the customer still will be able to choose their proper size as already possible when bought as a configurable product. And of course don’t messing up with inventory control.

Any ideas ?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

StickyTopic

also interested in. i gues it means point number one of this
http://www.magentocommerce.com/roadmap

Magento Community
Magento Community

StickyTopic

also interested in. i guess it means point number one of this
http://www.magentocommerce.com/roadmap

Magento Community
Magento Community

netresearch
Guru

Total Posts:  339
Leipzig

I just realized this with “bundled products”. It works pretty well.

Magento Community
Magento Community

BKCH

Total Posts:  24

Hi Netresearch - could you please let me know how you did this??

Magento Community
Magento Community

netresearch
Guru

Total Posts:  339
Leipzig

Just create a bundled product with the amount of options you have subproducts. Let’s say you want to sell a complete outfit of clothes. So create e.g. 3 options named like the configurable products which should be included:
“nice top”
“phanomenal pants”
“outstanding shoes”

As options to these “related products” take the same simple products like the ones you would take in the configurable product:
e.g. for “nice top”: “nice top - small”, “nice top - medium”, “nice top - large”

and so on. Define the differnt prices if there are ones, and you’re done. You can also choose the prefered widget (dropdown or selectbox) for each option.

I don’t see any dissadvantages to this solution, anyone of you do?

Hope this helps

Magento Community
Magento Community

lriver

Total Posts:  27

Will this work for my situation?  I am interested in your thoughts.

I would like to link configurable products to grouped products or create a configurable product from a grouped product. On our site we have the following items for sale.
1.  Item A - Simple Product
2.  Item B - Simple Product
3.  Item C - Configurable Product (7 color choices)
4.  Item D - Configurable Product (7 color choices) same colours as above

We now want to make a value pack (Item E) combining each of the items above with a slight discount on each item. We would like it to be like a configurable product where you can choose 1 of seven colours. For Example choosing Item E (Value Pack) in Red is made up of the following
1.  Item A - Simple Product
2.  Item B - Simple Product
3.  Item C - Configurable Product - Red
4.  Item D - Configurable Product - Red
To Get around this we have in fact made a Config product called ‘Value Pack’ with Colour as an option. When a Red Value pack is ordered we know that we have to include the items as listed above.
The problem with this is in the inventry/stock Reporting. For example if on a given day we sell 5 x Item A and 7 x Item E (Value packs 1 of each colour) we have in fact sold 12 x Item A. When you a stock report magento thinks you have only sold 5 x Item A.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lriver

Total Posts:  27

Hi Josh,

I have had a look at this module and it would work however it would create more problems for us.  I sent an email to you I think outlining the problems.

What would be Ideal for us is to be able to create a configurable product from a bundled product.

Luke

Magento Community
Magento Community

edwin_magento

HI
I would like to create a product with combination of size and color

Color / Size - 31 - 32 - 33 - 34 - 35 - 36 - 37 - 38
Red
Green
Blue

for example
they could select Red/32 X 5 and Blue/38 X 3

and at the end if the total select is more than a number they will get discount.

I make this with bundle but no choice with tire price in bundle

any help ?
Thanks again

Image Attachments
1.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community

leetaylordoes

Total Posts:  227
San Diego, CA

Hi @edwin_magento,

I believe you can achieve this with our configurable bundle module.

Here’s a test demo you can play around with:
+ Frontend Demo
+ Backend Demo

Let us know if we can help, as we would be glad to.[

Magento Community
Magento Community

edwin_magento

HI,
Thanks for respond
I tried to setup tier on bundle , it only works if you buy bundle ,
I’m looking for some program to calculate total number of products and then calculate it base on tier .

this is the sample web site

http://ritzuniforms.benesoftware.com/store/item.asp?Category=&SubCategoryID;=142&GroupID;=&SKU;=B4255

thanks again

Magento Community
Magento Community

visua

Total Posts:  9

I’m also looking to accomplish this. Our ‘full sets’ are made up of 3 configurable products.

However, we would like to do something slightly different than what’s proposed. Similar to Elias interactive’s solution; however rather than simply listing the product and attributes below, we would like to move to actual detail page of each product.

We would create a bar to track the progress through ‘building’ your set, much like a crumb nav

Bundle > Product 1 > Product 2 > Product 3 > Checkout

Any suggestions?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Christian E

Total Posts:  3

visua - 14 May 2010 10:44 AM

I’m also looking to accomplish this. Our ‘full sets’ are made up of 3 configurable products.

However, we would like to do something slightly different than what’s proposed. Similar to Elias interactive’s solution; however rather than simply listing the product and attributes below, we would like to move to actual detail page of each product.

We would create a bar to track the progress through ‘building’ your set, much like a crumb nav

Bundle > Product 1 > Product 2 > Product 3 > Checkout

Any suggestions?

Did you find any solution for that? I need something like that and my product 2 depends on product 1, that means depending on what you selected as product 1 you get a filtered choice for product 2…

Magento Community
Magento Community

DigitalesWeb

Total Posts:  13

Can you help me Configurable Bundle Module stopped working with 1.4.1 when is their an updare comming?

Magento Community
Magento Community

cheeseandrice

Total Posts:  120

DigitalesWeb - 19 August 2010 05:12 AM

Can you help me Configurable Bundle Module stopped working with 1.4.1 when is their an updare comming?

Hey there. I was able to get it working on 1.4.1.1. The problem looks like it was a new directory structure created by the new release which broke the paths or overwrote the module. All you have to do is move some files around. thats all. Go back and look at the module you downloaded from Elias and you will see the tree structure:

1. skin/frontend/default/default/js

2. app/design/frontend/default/default/

The new directory structure out of box is as show below, so move the files into appropriate folders, that’s all.

1. skin/frontend/default/base/default/js

2. app/design/frontend/default/base/default/

Your are going to have to move the files into there respective folders. Best to just reinstall the Configurable Bundle Module by hand. That’s what I did and it worked with no problems. Move the files into a custom theme setup and they will not be destroyed every time Magento gets updated. My suggestion is that you stop updating, once you get a solid build, stop chasing the updates. I have one Oscommerce build that has a core update for 5 years and it runs like a dream.

I still think Bundled Configurable Products should be a native Magento function.

Magento Community
Magento Community

OpenCommerce

Total Posts:  84
Cincinnati, OH

For what it’s worth, we’ve just released a module that provides many of the features suggested here, and a few others that aren’t here yet.

It lets customers bundle their own configurable products across any category, sub-category or price range, all for a predetermined price (ex: any 2 jeans, + any 3 shirts for $80: you set the price and qualified products). It features a dynamic front-end interface that will handle as many products as you want to include in the bundle, allows you to offer the bundle at a discount, includes the progress bar mentioned above, walks users through creating their bundle, and even lets them upgrade items for an additional price, or opt out of “optional” products (reflected in the total price.

The extension has been formalized from a zumiez.com prototype that’s been running since October 2009, where it drove up average order value and became a consistent top 10 best-seller. Online documentation can be found at http://guides.tinybrick.com/magento/packagebuilder . The module is pricey, but there’s a lot going on with this one… and it does drive sales.

Image Attachments
package-builder-default-magento-ui.png

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2